Chapter 8

Chapter 8---Day 3           

Lizzie boldly walked up till she was five feet from the queen; then she did a deep curtsy with her head bowed. “You wanted me, your majesty?” she questioned as she held her curtsy like a statue.           

“Yes. I have had disturbing news,” the queen started as she paced in front of Lizzie. “Please stand.” Lizzie stood straight with a smile plastered on her face; then the queen continued, “There is a Vampire Hunter in our area, my dear Lizzie. He seeks to kill the royal line.” The queen stopped in front of Lizzie and stared at her. “I need to make sure that you are prepared to kill, if necessary.” The queen snapped her fingers and a servant hurried in, bearing a sword on her palms. The queen took it and held it, hilt first, to Lizzie. “This is VightVpeed. It has been passed down since the beginning of time.” She smiled as Lizzie took the blade and weighed it in her hands. “It is yours now; so take good care of it.”           

“Yes madam,” Lizzie replied as she twirled it in her hand; then she held it against her hip, tip pointing toward the marble floor. “Anything else? You know, beside a killer looking for me?”           

“Just how have your studies been going?” the queen asked as she returned to her throne and elegantly sat. “You have been doing them, right?”           

“Of course. There is nothing else to do, when you have forever ahead of you,” joked Lizzie as she stared into the queen’s stern eyes. “I have finished the first three volumes in our history, learned two books of the language, and about to start a fifth volume of spells.” Lizzie curtsied before she whispered over her sword, making it invisible and it stuck to her dress neatly. “May I go?”           

“Yes. Yes. Go,” the queen ordered and Lizzie ran out the door.