Chapter 18

Chapter 18---Day 6

            He pulled her up to a booth in the back and crawled in with her. “Now I want you to drink till it is coming out your ears. Understand, babe?” He looked at the door to see Johnathan coming into the room. “Ah Johnathan, bring us two larges please; plus, my lady needs some to take home.”

            “Girl very thirsty. Be back soon,” Johnathan replied with a smile. He scurried off, mumbling to himself in Spanish.

            “Matt, I want to feast,” she hissed as she looked after Johnathan; then she shook her head and groaned, “What’s wrong with me?”

            “I don’t know, baby; but I’m here for you,” he answered before kissing her cheek. “I’ll make sure that you don’t hurt anyone.”

            “Drink for girl. Here Matt,” Johnathan said as he placed a large tray on the table. There was two large glasses, filled to the brim and a box full of bottles.

            “Thank you. Might need refills soon,” Matt told and Johnathan left as Lizzie drowned hers down; then she stared at his and he slid it to her. “Drink up, baby.” Johnathan rushed in with a pitcher and went to fill the glasses. “No, just leave the pitcher.” Matt handed the pitcher to Lizzie and she finished it under a minute. “Do you feel any better?”

            “Yes, but can I go home now?” she pleaded as she leaned against his arm. “Please Matt.”

            “Lizzie, are you sure that you feel fine?” he asked as he slipped out of his seat and helped her up. She nodded as he picked up the box, holding it under one arm. “Then I’m coming with you. Just let me get a cloak.” He carried the box out, leaving Lizzie alone.