Chapter 16

Chapter 16---Day 5

            “Hey. Look, sleeping beauty wakes,” chuckled a masculine voice as Lizzie woke to complete darkness. “Did you miss me?” he whispered as he slipped his arm under her neck; then he lifted her into his kiss. “I missed you, babe.”

            “Matt, I’m so glad you’re back,” she sighed as she sat up, allowing him to slip behind her; then she leaned back and rested on his chest. “How was the hunt?”

            “Great, I’m set for a while. Maybe next time you could come with,” he replied as he ran a hand through her blond hair. “Would you like that, baby?”

            “I don’t know, Matt…I don’t want to hurt anyone…” she murmured as she took a deep breath.

            “We can hunt animals like deer then. You could never imagine the thrill of it,” he told as he wrapped his arms around her. “How do you sleep? I have trouble doing it.”

            “It’s lack of blood,” she muttered as she closed her eyes. “Like you said. I don’t get the thrill of hunting.”

            “Are you thirsty? Cause I could get you a drink,” he told and she slightly nodded. He carefully supported her neck as he slipped out from under; then he laid her back against the couch and flew off. He was back in a second, pressing the bottle to her lips. She gulped it down and her eyes flashed open. “Now there are those beautiful eyes, I love.”

            Her eyes flashed red as she hissed, “More.” She got up and flew out of the room into the kitchen. She pulled out a bottle and drank it down; then she continued to drink one after the other.

            “Lizzie, are you feeling alright?” Matt asked as he came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. “Lizzie, maybe you need to hunt. You are getting older.” She finished off the last bottle and turned to face him. “Lizzie, you’re scaring me.”

            Her eyes rolled back in her head as she muttered, “Help.”