Chapter 5

Chapter 5---Day 2           

Lizzie cleaned up their drinks and glanced at the clock. ‘Thirty minutes. Not bad,’ she thought before she went out the back door and hurried toward the pizza joint.           

She slipped into the pizza joint and noticed a large table. She hurried to it and recognized the boy sitting there. “Zack?” she asked as she put a hand on the back of a chair.           

“Oh hi Lizzie! Why are you here?” Zack exclaimed as he got up and smiled at her.           

“I’m here to meet Jason Devile,” she answered as she glanced around and didn’t see Jake anywhere. “Why are you here?”           

“Same reason. Would you like to sit? I wouldn’t mind some cute company,” he explained as he pulled out the chair for her, his smile covering his face so wonderfully.           

“I would love to,” she giggled as she sat down and he pushed her chair in. ”So how do you know Jake?”           

“Oh art class,” Zack answered quickly as he took his seat beside her.           

Tell that nobody to get away from my babe!’ snapped something in Lizzie’s thoughts and she glanced around quickly.           

“Lizzie, is something wrong?” Zack inquired confused as he put his hand on hers.           

“O! Everything is fine. I thought I heard my phone,” she lied with a little smile; then she caught sight of him, sitting a few tables away under the cover of the shadows. ‘Matt! What you doing here!’  

she thought angrily before she turned back to Zack with a huge grin.           

‘Same as you, babe. Just cruising the selection; and may I say that boy, you got yourself, looks mighty tasty. Mind if I have a nibble?’ Matt replied, laughing in her thoughts.           

“Lizzie, are you sure that you are okay? You seem distracted,” Zack commented as he focused on her and she squirmed.           

“Um…I’m just a bit dizzy. Maybe some caffeine will help. 

You wouldn’t mind getting me a drink, would you?” she muttered as she fluttered her eye lashes.           

“No problem at all,” Zack cheered happily. He got up and pulled a wad of cash out; then he strolled to get in line.           

Someone being a bad vampire. Like being sick, I see,’ Matt chuckled in her mind and she turned around in her seat, glaring at him. ‘Anger problems too.’           

‘Matt, he is my friend. Not my meal; also, I don’t get sick from consuming normal food!’ 

Lizzie snapped back, while trying to push him out of her head.           

‘Whatever you say princessa…Well, well, who let the dog in?’ Matt thought back as the door opened, letting in cold air. ‘Goodnight princessa. I better go before a fight breaks out.’           

Lizzie felt the pressure leave; so she glanced at who had entered and ‘oh no!’ popped into her thoughts as the girl started her way.           

“You waiting for Jason?” the girl asked as she pulled the chair beside Lizzie back; then she looked down and gasped, “You!”           

“Hi Ava,” Lizzie mumbled as Zack strolled up with two drinks.           

“Oh! You know her?” he asked as he saw the girl. “Maybe I should have gotten a third drink,” he laughed as he handed Lizzie a cola.           

“I kind of ran into her yesterday,” explained Lizzie before sipping her cola. “Ava have a seat.”           

“O Lizzie! You ran into everyone yesterday!” laughed Zack as he pulled back a chair. “Here…Ava, was it?” Ava sat down and he pushed the chair in. “I’m Zack and Jason should be here soon.”           

Another boy hurried up and asked, “You’re waiting for Jake?” He ran a hand through his brown hair as his brown eyes rested on Ava. “Well, aren’t you pretty?” He pulled a chair out, spun it around, and sat beside Ava. “I’m Riley.”           

“Ava, and this is Zack and…” Ava started annoyed as she scooted back, bumping into Lizzie’s chair.           

“I’m Lizzie,” Lizzie introduced as she reached across and shook Riley’s hand. “It’s nice to meet you.” She checked her phone and was surprised to find it was a half-hour past when Jake was supposed to be there. “Maybe we should get food, while we wait for Jason to show up,” she suggested and Ava nodded.           

“We will get it!” the boys cheered before rushing off.           

“It’s not like Jake to be late,” Lizzie muttered before sipping her drink. She leaned against the back of her chair, while Ava glanced at her. “Has he texted or called you?”           

“No, but I’m sure he will be here soon,” Ava replied as she put her elbows on the table and rested her face in her palms. “Smile, the boys are coming.”           

“Here we go. A large pepperoni and a large cheese,” the boys told as they put the pizzas down; then Riley ran off to get drinks for Ava and him.           

Lizzie just sat there as Ava and Zack grabbed slices. “Don’t you want some?” Zack asked as he slipped another piece onto a plate. Lizzie shook her head and took another sip. “Do you not like pizza? Cause I can get something else.”           

“No Zack. I’m not hungry. Don’t worry,” Lizzie replied as she smiled. “I’m fine.”