Chapter 3

Chapter 3---Day 1           

‘It has been two years and she still hasn’t contacted me,’ thought Lizzie as she took her time walking home. It was about seven, but she wasn’t worried about anything. She strolled down the dark street, thinking about seeing Jason the next day; then a scream pierced the air. She tossed her stuff into a bush and flew forward till she reached a dark alley.           

A girl, about Lizzie’s suppose-to-be age, fighting off two huge men. The girl’s arms were pinned behind her back, while the other guy tried to gag her. “Hey! Let go of her!” yelled Lizzie, making the men look at her. The girl took control of their distraction by kicking the one in front in the nuts; then she flipped out of the other’s hold.           

The girl glanced at Lizzie and barked, “Get away! I’m fine!” The girl looked away as a man charged toward her. She easily leapt over him, doing a flip in mid-air. After she landed, she kicked him in the back and pulled her knife out.           

Lizzie’s gaze locked on the other man, who was rushing to the girl that was bending over. Lizzie sprinted and did a flying side-kick over the girl and into the man’s ribs. She felt them crack under impact; then she landed on nimble feet with her back to him. She looked at the girl, who was driving her knife into the guy’s throat. The girl got up and looked around. “Great! He got away!” the girl howled before she stared at Lizzie. “I told you to go!”           

“But! You were in danger!” Lizzie exclaimed as she looked away from the bleeding corpse. Her fangs popped out and her eyes itched to turn red, but Lizzie fought her instincts.          

“Ava can take care of herself. Ava doesn’t need help!” the girl howled before she ran off, leaving Lizzie alone. Lizzie sighed; then she ran to get her stuff before continuing home.