Chapter 13

Chapter 13---Day 4           

“No! I couldn’t do that to anyone, especially not you. Zack…I love you…” she cried as she took a step forward.           

He spun around, grabbed her face, and kissed her. He kissed her over and over till she pushed him away. She stepped farther back and her eyes flashed super red. “Lizzie, are you okay?” he asked as she sank to her knees and placed her palms onto her face.           

“I’m just hungry,” she sighed as she tried to stand, but she stumbled. He quickly caught her and helped her to the couch. “I know this might be odd, but could you get me some…blood? It is in the fridge.” He nodded as she leaned back against the pillows.           

He rushed away and she heard the fridge open and close; then he came back in, barely holding the bottle. He passed it to her like it held a disease.”So…you only drink out of bottles…” he said as he sat down near her feet.           

She quickly gulped it down before answering, “Yes, and I only do it to live. If I don’t, then I will go mad and rampage through the city. This is the only means of remaining calm and sane.” She set the bottle on the table and stared at her hands. “Oddly, it tastes delicious; but it is probably just me and my subjects that think that.”           

“Can I ask you something kind of weird?” he asked and she nodded, her eyes returning to their normal blue. “Um, Lizzie, Princess of the Vampires, will you go out with me tonight? Ava, Riley, and his brother are supposed to meet me at the movies; and I was hoping you would be my date.”           

“A date with someone who tried to kill me and kills my kind for a living, sounds fun. Just don’t tell the others what I am,” she pleaded as she got up and put the bottle in the sink before picking up her sword from the entrance hall. She held it carefully as she went back to him.           

“The boys already know,” he told as he stood. “We’re angels. Well, they are,” he sighed as he grabbed her hands. “Riley is the one, who told me that there was something different about you.”           

“O…” she gasped as she glanced down. “Where and what time?”           

“I’ll pick you up at six,” he chuckled before he kissed her cheek and left.