Prologue 4

Prologue 4---2 Years Ago           

“Matthew! What brings you here? You haven’t been here in forever,” laughed a beautiful and charming voice. Lizzie stepped past Matt and saw the owner in all her glory. She wore a low-cut blood-red dress that licked the floor. Her hair was onyx black and extremely long as it ran down her back. “Oh Matthew! Did you bring me a treat? I haven’t feasted on something so beautiful in a while!”           

Matthew bowed before saying, “She is one of us, my Queen. This is Lizzie…I mean…Elizabeth Hutch.” He stood straight and pushed Lizzie forward. She stumbled into a curtsy and glanced up, while Matt continued, “She was born last night. Her maker burst into ashes upon feasting on her blood. Johnathan asked me to bring her to you, my Queen. He seemed to have taken a fancy to her.”           

“Johnathan Wood, a good man,” the queen replied as she circled Lizzie. “Quite a cute fledgling, if I had to say.” The queen pulled at Lizzie’s hair and stared into her blue eyes. Lastly she sniffed Lizzie and smiled. “Welcome daughter! You’re blessed to be my royal heir!” the queen cheered as she wrapped Lizzie in her strong embrace. “I am Meredith Valerie, Queen of the Vampires; but you are to call me, Mother.”           

“I will not! You’re not my mother! I have an awesome mother and she is blessed, not me! I’m the cursed one!” Lizzie cried as she pushed out of the queen’s grip and sank to her knees.           

The queen looked up from Lizzie and ordered, “Matthew leave us. I must speak to my daughter…alone.” Matthew bowed and left, the door slamming shut behind him. The queen turned away from Lizzie, walked to her throne, and slumped down. “Vtand Vup. Vome,” hissed the queen.           

Lizzie moved without thought, tears gone by now. She flew over to in front of the queen and groaned, “Anything you say mother.” Lizzie curtsied as she bared her teeth.           

“Much better. Now you may have realized that you are different from the other vampires. You can walk in sunlight. Your hair and eyes remained beautiful, not silver. Also, this is one you haven’t realized yet, is that you can consume normal food and drink with the help of pills. See why you are blessed?” the queen explained as she stared fiercely at Lizzie.           

“No! I just want to be normal! I don’t want to be a vampire, princess or not!” cried Lizzie as tears streamed down her cheeks. “Look Queen Valerie. I just want to go home.”           

“You are home, daughter,” the queen snapped as she stood and towered over Lizzie. “If you return your normal family right now; then you will have a feast. You are not ready to be around normal people yet, but I can teach you to control yourself.” The queen snapped her fingers and a silver-haired girl dragged in a red hair boy.           

Lizzie smelled the boy from across the room and her fangs appeared, while her eyes glowed red. She stepped closer, wanting to taste him. “No! I can be strong!” Lizzie screamed as her hands flew up to cover her face as she turned away. She glanced back and the boy looked pitiful; then she flew across the room. Lizzie sank her fangs into his neck and drank. The blood surged through her, filling her. When he was about empty, she pulled herself away and stared at him sadly. His hair was changing to silver and he seemed even weaker. “I…I…I’m sorry,” she wept as she moved back; then she sank to her knees and cried.           

“See what I mean? At the moment, you have no self-control; but I can teach you. If only you will stay with me,” the queen said as she put a hand on Lizzie’s shoulder.           

“Fine…I’ll stay…” sobbed Lizzie.