Chapter 11

Chapter 11---Day 4

          Lizzie sat alone during the lunch hour, enjoying the shade of the trees and the story in her hands. She took her time, soaking in every detail.

 ‘If only this was how I fed,’ she thought as she turned the page. ‘O Romeo. Romeo. Where art thou, Romeo?’

           “Can we join you?” asked someone as they stood in front of her sunlight.       

“Sure, but get out of my sun,” she joked as she glanced up. “Well, how are you, Zack, and you, Riley?”          

“Good. We missed you yesterday,” Zack answered as he sat on her right and Riley the left. “We heard you were sick. Is that why you aren’t eating now?”           

“Yea. Yea. My stomach is upset,” she mumbled as she closed her book and set it beside her. “So what did I miss?”           

“Only getting partnered with the most awesome people ever for a project!” cheered Riley before taking a bite of his green apple. “You.” Bite. “Zack.” Bite. “Ava.” Bite. “And me.”           

“The project is on Vampires and Werewolves; so I was thinking, Ava and Riley could do Werewolves and we do Vampires,” explained Zack as he put his arm around her shoulders. “Is that okay with you? I can come over later.”           

“That’s fine,” she blushed as she enjoyed his arm around her. She pulled out a scrap of paper and scribbled her address. “Here.”           

“Thanks. I can’t wait,” he cheered, while Riley rolled his eyes. “Have you ran into Ava recently?” She shook her head and Riley’s face grimed. “Well, do you have her number? Cause Riley kind of needs it.” She shook her head again and Riley got up and stomped away. “Well, he is mad; but now I have you all to myself.”           

“Zack, it is time to go back in,” she laughed as she gathered her book and stood. “I’ll see you later.” She sent him a smile before strutting off toward the building.