Chapter 30 ♥ Confessions

"A$ap, c-can you meet me at Chick-fil-a today? I really need to talk to you about something. Something very important." Bahja stuttered into her new iPhone she'd stolen.

A$ap sighed and rolled his eyes. "I doubt if you'll tell me over the phone, but it's worth a shot. What happened this time?"

"It's about Camille." she blurted. "We need to discuss her; actually I need to discuss her with Princeton, but-"

"Then talk to HIM about it! Not me. Like he once said, that child is his, and it will always be." he interrupted.

"That's exactly what I needed to talk about! Trust me on this one, Rakim. Please? Can we talk?"

Slowly, he breathed heavily into the phone. It wasn't a secret that he was in his lows, and Bahja could tell from how he barely kept in contact with her, but he'd still do anything for Bahja.

Bahja bit her lower lip as she nervously waited for his approval.

"Okay.." he sighed.

Two hours later, A$ap came to pick both her and Camille up in a rental car. "Come on. I don't have all day." he yelled out the window.

Bahja rolled her eyes, and hopped into the car with Camille right in her arms. "Why are you so angry? I haven't even done anything to you." Bahja asked as she hid Camille with her white jacket.

A$ap drove off and made a smirk. "Oh, it's no reason." he said, sarcastically,

"Oh, okay. For a second I thought you were ma-"

"YES, I'm upset! Why the hell wouldn't I be?" he yelled.

Bahja gave him a shocked facial expression before she could even talk. "Well, what's wrong?"

"You like afro head better than me! And I taught you almost everything about Russian roulette! I gave you much more money than he'll ever be able to give you, I understood you and offered advice when he was angry at you, I bought you a better revolver and everything! WHAT does he have on me?"

He wants the best for me, she thought. Yet she couldn't say that to A$ap; that'd just be adding flame to a fire. She sat there in silence as he drove them to the park instead of Chick-fil-a. Once they pulled up, A$ap walked out the car, not even offering Bahja help with the baby. Bahja sighed and slowly made her way out of the car, tying her pink hair up into the bun she'd always wear.

They sat down on a bench, and Camille sat on her mother's lap, wide awake. A$ap made a tiny giggle while sneaking looks at how much she'd looked like Bahja. The sun was shining pretty bright, but the wind blew just right. It danced around their skin and in both of their hair.

"Okay... before I say this, I just wanted to thank you for everything you've done and helped me with. I thought about it while we were driving here and realized I've never thanked you directly so, thank you."

A$ap's uptight expression slowly transformed into a slight smile. "No problem, Bahj."

"Yeah... now.." she sighed then widened her eyes as she broke their eye contact. "Where is your brother Dave?"

"He's in California I think. Why?"

GOD DAMN.

"A$ap, California?!"she gasped as she clutched onto Camille's stomach tighter.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Because! Camille is not Princeton's! She's YOUR brother's baby!"

A$ap's whole body froze in the moment, as he bit his top lip. "What type of prank is this? You know exactly how serious I am about my family!"