Chapter 16 ♥ Her Actions

A week passed, and Prince was out of the hospital, finally relieved to go back home. Since his birthday was in five days, Stephanie decided to do something special for him.

"Oh, Princey pooh!"she sung, strutting her way over to his lap.

"Hey, Stephanie." he smiled. "Baby, so since it's your birthday week, I was thinking I could do different things each day. Maybe, today.. we could go out to eat. Tomorrow, we can go see Modsun since he'll be here-"

"Woah! Modsun is going to be here?!"

"Yeah! I know how much you are in love with that dude. He's going to be here from 4 PM to 10 PM, so you'll have to free your schedule."

"Wow! Thanks, babe. I don't know what I would do without you." He leaned in, and wrapped his arms around her shoulders as they kissed for 5 seconds.

"So, get ready! I bought you a dress suit and everything. Go take a look; they're in the room."

She lifted off of him and reached her hand out so he wouldn't have to strain his shoulder and chest. When they made their way upstairs, there was a full, navy blue dress suit with dark blue penny loafers. He gasped at it and put it on instantly. Usually, he wouldn't wear dress suits or anything like that, but to make Stephanie happy, he did it.

Once he got it on, he walked out the front to show her, and she loved it. All that she wore was a sun dress with pink flowers all around it. When they made it to the restaraunt, the waiter seated them and immediately took their orders.

"Uhh... a caesar salad would be nice." Stephanie smiled as she passed the waiter her menu.

"I could take a bake fish with... spinach and tomatoes." Princeton said as he passed his menu to the waiter as well.

"Alright, I'll be right back with you guys."

The waiter walked off, and Stephanie jumped out of excitement.

"Oooo! You don't understand how HAPPY I am that we're finally going out! You've been in the hospital every since we started dating."

"I know the feeling. I'm happy that you came to my rescue... I don't know where I'd be if I was just with Roc." Princeton sighed with a tiny laugh.

"Oh, really? Why you say that, hunny?"

Princeton bit down on his bottom lip, showing that he wasn't at all comfortable with discussing it. Stephanie took his hand and looked directly into his eyes.

"You don't want to discuss it?" she asked.

"Nah, I'll tell you. It's just that Roc doesn't get me. He's really un sensitive when it comes to my feelings. Like he doesn't understand what I feel when I tell him my...fellings."

"What do you try to tell him?"

He wanted to tell her about his feelings for Bahja, and everything he'd been worrying about constantly, but he knew that she would be heartbroken if she knew.

"I... It's.. it's nothing. I was talking about how he used to be." he lied.

"Oh.." Stephanie said, confused. "Well, I'm happy you're in my life too! And that we are in this gorgeous restaraunt! I feel like a princess or something."

"Hahaha, you're my princess." he winked as he leaned in for a tiny kiss.

The waiter came back ten minutes later with a hand full of plates, drinks, and utensils. The two both discussed their personal lives and what they wanted to do in the future. The only thing Princeton saw wrong about Emily was that she wanted to start a huge family, and he didn't want that. He wanted to save all of that for Bahja. But he couldn't find the courage to crush her heart and tell her the truth. She was head over heels for him, plus she made him feel like all of his problems were important; like he mattered. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place to land.