Chapter 13 ♥ Again

The next day was bittersweet for Princeton. He felt relieved knowing that he could talk to Bahja without all of the fighting, yet empty and confused that she just up and left the restaraunt out of nowhere. He kept to himself at work, which was unusual to some of his coworkers. Usually, he'd be the most talkative one in kitchen, but that day he wasn't.

"Prince, you're okay?" one of his girl co-workers, Stephanie asked. She was white, with a mellow tan and long, blonde ombre hair. Princeton did find her quite attractive, but he took no interest in her.

"I'm fine." he lied with a fake smile. He took the fries out of the hot grease and flipped them into the red McDonald's fry container.

"Then why aren't you talking as much?" she asked. "I'm not feeling too well. Last night, I didn't get as much sleep. That's all." he lied.

She smirked and faced him. "Come on! You can tell me anything, Princeton!" she joked as she playfully punched him in the stomach. "Princeton, from Mindless Behaviooor."

He let out a small giggle but didn't say anything back. Stephanie was a great friend and person to talk to when you were bored, but she talked a little too much. He didn't really trust her. When she finally realized that he wasn't going to say anything but keep flipping the burgers, she sighed and backed off.

"Okay, Prince. But when you feel like talking, feel free to consult me. You know I love conversing, especially with you."

"Okay, Steph. Thanks." he gave her a smile, then went back to making a quarter pounder for one of the customers.

"No problem.." she mumbled as she rolled her eyes then walked away.

The next five hours of working was draining. The grease that usually popped on him, bothered him more. The aroma of access grease and beef started smelling horrible to him. Everything just seemed wrong, and he couldn't wait to get home to talk to Bahja. Once work was finally done, he snatched his hat and plastic uniform apron he had to wear, then headed home. As he walked to the exit door, Stephanie stopped him.

"Prince!" she shouted while running up to him.

He rolled his eyes then slowly turned back. "Yes?" he hissed.

"Prince, I couldn't go home without knowing what was wrong with you. Just tell me what happened!"

"You really want to know what happened?" he sighed. She shook her head up and down, "yes." Princeton took a deep breath and looked at her. "I killed my friend."

She gasped then playfully punched him in the arm when she figured out he was joking. "Princeton!" she whined.

"Okay, okay. Call me and I'll tell you." he laughed.

The two both exchanged numbers then left. When Princeton arrived home, Roc was in the kitchen cooking what smelled like pasta with garlic bread. Ignoring his presence, Princeton walked straight pass him upstairs. He was still fuming from the conversation they had before. As Roc poured the sauce into the bowl of noodles, he looked up to see Princeton walking. He frowned as the fact that he straight up ignored him.

"Prince!" he laughed while squinting his eyes out of confusion. Princeton continued to go up the stairs, fully ignoring him.

"Yo', Prince!" he shouted a little bit louder.

Princeton continued up the stairs with his coat in his hand then slammed the door. Roc rested his palms on the counter and shut his eyes tightly. He had to tell Princeton what was going on. There was no way he could let his friend continue to get played.

Fifteen minutes, Roc rested the pan of noodles on an eye on the stove that was off. He took of his mittens and groaned.

"I really don't want to tell Prince what's going on, but he has to know. If that guy ever was killed, and I knew about it, I would literally kill myself."