Chapter Thirty-Five: Part One

Start from the beginning

"But we've got each other to lean on..."

"LEAN ON ME, WHEN YOU'RE NOT STRONG, AND I'LL BE YOUR FRIEND!" Matt and I sang in unison before hysterically laughing at the attention we got from strangers on the street.

"So! Where are we going?" I asked our group. "We were hoping you had an idea." Whinny sighed in frustration. She always got irritated when we aren't planning out stuff...basically all the time, really.

"My dad's gone to work, Jack's with friends and my mom isn't there for sure...why don't we keep it simple and chill at my place?" I suggested. "YES! I miss chilling at your place." Lucas agreed instantly. "More like you miss playing video games on her TV." Fin rolled her eyes and Lucas flipped her off. I was happy they moved passed the awkwardness and entered friendshiphood instead. Yes, friendshiphood, look it up.

We all drove back to my house, a decent couple of minutes. By the time I unlocked the door, every one of the guys were taking over the game room, leaving us girls to entertain ourselves. And the only way we saw entertainment was making a full meal.

"How am I supposed to make these tacos without any taco shells!" Whinny shrieked when Taylor mentioned the lack of taco shells. "Someone get Whinny a drink and I'll go to the store!' I shouted as I made my way to the front door.

"I'll drive." Niall offered as he came down the stairs. I smiled at the boy who started to put on his sneakers along with me before grabbing my jacket and pulling it on.

"What do you need anyways?" He asked when pulling out of the drive way. "Taco shells for my famous tacos." I beamed, proud of my taco making skills.

"And when's your dad coming home?"

"He's not. He's going to the airport straight after work, but my mom will be back home after get shift, so maybe around one in the morning."

"He's gone? Again?" He clenched his jaw, wanting to say something else.

"Ni, it's not that big of a deal, he does this all the time. He actually stayed longer this time then before." I tried to calm him down. I'm not mad that my father isn't his favorite person, he isn't mine either. He chose to keep quite about the topic, actually quite for the whole time in the store and getting back to the car.

"You're not mad about that, right? You shouldn't be, he actually did something both Jack and I want for a change. Now Jack gets to go to San Diego, something he's always wanted too." I attempted to lighten the mood.

"Uh...that's just it. Louis and I got an offer to go to this summer camp sponsored by Manchester United and it's an elite program where everyone's hand picked...we applied for it ages ago but I didn't think we'd get in..." Niall mumbled out.

"That's great! You're taking it, right? I'm so proud of you!" I smiled, kissing his cheek.

"Actually I'm not. I promised I'd go with you this summer and just come back here when college starts, so I'm going to decline."

"What, no! Forget about going with me, you go to that program! It's a big deal, Louis told me about it weeks ago and said if he gets in, he'll be watched by coaches and junk, and maybe he'd get signed by a manager! Isn't that one of your fifty dreams?" I laughed at the end.

"Fifty dreams, what's that supposed to mean? People change what they want to be every day! And I'm not going, I already made my mind up." He said sounding annoyed now. "It didn't mean anything and I'm not allowing you to sacrifice your dreams for mine! You're going!" I said also in annoyance.

"I'm not sacrificing anything, I want to go with you and you can't tell me what to do. Why are you forcing me to not go so much?"

"But I can tell you that you're not tagging along with me because you need to do this." I tried to stay calm.

Utterly failing though.

"No, I don't! If I don't want to do something you have no right to tell me otherwise, now I'm going!" He screamed.

"Why do you need to go so much? I'm getting the feeling you can't trust me to be alone!" I yelled back.

"I never said that! But hey, maybe I can't! You obviously don't want me going so much, you're probably ready to fuck some Aussie!" He shot me a glare.

"Why the hell would you think or say that?! I'd never cheat on you, obviously you're incapable of seeing that!"

"Oh, I sure am capable of seeing you not wanting me to go so god damn much! If you don't want me to come just say it!"

"Fucking fine, don't come! I don't need you there and I definitely don't want you in my house! Goodbye." I screamed, slamming the car door in and stomping up to the front door. As I unlocked it, I heard his car skid off and reality it me.