Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Doesn't the purple one look cute? It looks cute, right? Does Matt even like purple? Esme? Esme!" Whinny rambled before slapping my shoulder for the billionth time today. Ugh, why are Fin and Taylor still in the damn dressing room. "How about this blue one? His favorite color is blue." I sighed, picking up the floor length ball gown. She squealed and clapped before running to an empty stall, leaving me alone. Finally.

I'm glad she didn't take to heart that I knew Matt by heart like someone who's name rhymes with Chimney, but I don't blame Whinny. Her and Matt have barely been dating and that's saying a lot since the last girl Matt committed to was in third grade. I was also shocked when Whinny joined us to go dress shopping instead of her two BFF's, but she claimed we had better taste. And that was a fact after seeing the dress Jordan and Grace chose. Let's just say it's poofy, huge, and the same style gown in two different neon colors. May god help there dates.

Fin pretended not to be overly excited as did Taylor, but it was blatantly obvious they were fangirling about it inside. I can't blame them, they had wonderful dates and this was the most teen girl thing they've encountered after being secret agent spies for the past month, give or take. Don't get me wrong, I was happy Harry sacrificed being with a girl he actually had a chance getting lucky with for little old me, but I wasn't going to waste a hundred bucks to make myself a fairy princess for him. I even joked and told him I'd show up in baggy sweats with pretty curls instead of getting too dolled up. But really, I'd choose one of my old dresses and put it to good use instead of keeping it locked up in my closet for another five years.

I had yet to tell Niall, though. He had missed his call two days ago, but I was upset. He should be spending quality time with him mom and family. I've also found a loop hole to the crappy "one call once a week" rule, and call Maura instead. I found out that the police officer that was with Niall was Beau and he was actually visiting an aunt there, so he was hardly around. But when he was, he was usually outside most of the time, away from Niall. I'd have to thank him for not bring too pushy later, because I have a gut feeling he's doing that on purpose. I called Maura yesterday and Niall went on and on about how wonderful Mullingar was, and how he couldn't wait to bring me here and show me around. I thought about telling him I was going to prom; with Harry, my sort of "ex", but I knew it would just bring down his mood.

I have to tell him soon though since today's Wednesday and prom is Saturday. Yes, we're late shoppers! I'm sure every other girl had there dress since they announced prom. Hey, we were busy being secret agent spies.

"Sup!" Matt screamed, slinging an arm across my shoulder. "Shouldn't you guys be suit shopping?" I rolled my eyes at the goofy boys. "Done and done, baby cakes! The gals are gonna get out ties so it goes with there frilly dresses and such." He answered.

"Are you making sure there dresses are hot and not like a conservative weirdo?" West asked, flinging his suit vet his shoulder. West and Lucas decided to go single. Why? So they could hunt down the girls who thought it'd be strong willed of them to go in a group instead of a date.

"On the job you guys, on the job." I replied nonchalantly.

"So we got the limo, I think we're ready!" Zayn smiled as he stuffed his phone away. "Ew, you're all so corny." I snorted. "You're just mad how cool we are." Louis said as he stuck his tongue out. "Shut up and leave." I pretend to shoo him away. "I WILL!" He yelled. "And you're not getting any ice cream!"

As I flip him off, a mother of two kids possibly no more than nine, walks by, earning me a dirty look and the others to burst into laughter. F. M. L.

"So," Harry sighed after the rest cleared out, knowing I'd happily kick them where it hurts if they continued to laugh. "did you tell him? I don't know, I feel really guilty about this, and I know it's stupid, but I just do."

The Kissing Booth (Niall Horan FanFic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें