Chapter Twenty

I literally slept till two pm, just in time to get ready to go off to Niall's house. Don't worry, I wasn't going alone! Everyone was coming, well beside Lucas since it was still awkward with Zayn and Fin all over each other. After throwing on my favorite baby blue bikini with my plain white crop top and high waisted shorts over it, I was on the road.

He didn't live to far away and I knew because I had spent the day there once a long time ago, aka when we dated the last time. His house had a view of the city skyline which took your breath away. Of course all of us, as in all the people we talk to, lived in the "suburban" area since our school was in the city.

I pulled into a spot right in front of his house and I could already hear music buzzing. I made my way to the back and spotted everyone scattered around and in bathing suites.

"Hey pretty." Someone with a deep voice mumbled before hugging me from behind. After a small squeak I figured it was Niall when he kissed my cheek and started to drag me near the pool.

"We're about to play water volleyball so hurry and strip for me." He smirked. "Ha ha, now you earned this." I smiled as I shoved him into the pool. He started to cackle and gave me the finger as I walked away. Ah, our relationship.

"Hey Louis." I greeted the guy as he stared out the screen door from the kitchen. "Hey E." He whispered back, looking deep in thought. I watched him as I grabbed a cream soda from the fridge and sipped on it. Oh, right!

"Lou, when's the last time you swam in a pool?" I asked, placing a hand on his back. His eyes flickered to me and the pool before he answered. "Three years ago."

"You don't have to swim if you don't want too, you know that right?" I said, now rubbing his back like a big baby. "But it's been three years, I think I can do it. I just need to talk little steps." He sighed finally giving me eye contact.

"We can take little steps together. Does that sound good?" Okay, I definitely look and sound like his mother. He nodded and I took him and my cream soda outside again. I spotted Fin and Zayn making out on a tanning chair thing. You know, those really low, laid back chairs? Good thing Lucas bailed or it wouldn't be a pretty sight. Matt was with Whinny, sitting at the edge of the pool just talking thank god. Niall was with Harry, Jett, Taylor, Liam, Will, Jesse, West, David and David's new girlfriend I have yet to be introduced too.

I sat my soda down next to Fin and Zayn making a loud noise that broke them apart. I earned double the glare and just smiled innocently back before taking my shirt and shorts off. As I did so, I got some whistles from the dumb crowd of boys. I rolled my eyes at them before walking back to Louis who was gripping tight on the railing of the pool, dipping his toe into the water.

"Come on, just hold on to me." I said, offering my two hands. He took them and I led him deeper into the pool. "See, it's not that-" I was stopped mid sentence when a squishy volleyball slapped me in the face. I heard Louis yell as he lifted me up in the air, checking my face for bumps. "LOUIS CALM THE FUCK DOWN, I'M FINE." I yelled since he would not let go of me.

"Sorry! I just-. I was scared that the hit was serious." He pouted. "It's okay, I get it." I sighed, picking up the ball and throwing it super hard at West's face since everyone was now in the pool.

"My girlfriend, my team!" Niall sang, grabbing me by the waist and pulling me along with him. "No way! Soccer vs. Football!" Jett yelled earning cheers. "What about the mutuals?" Liam asked. "We'll divide 'em up! But for now, soccer over there, football over here." Matt instructed wise the rest of us mutuals floated in the middle. There was me, Fin, Whinny, Zayn, Taylor and Liam, waiting for further instructions.

On the soccer side was Louis, Niall, Will, Harry and Jesse and football's side was Matt, West, Jett, David and his girlfriend. "Okay, three people each! Captains make the pick!" Harry called out. Louis and Matt floated towards us, watching each of our faces. "Wait, wait, wait. Head or tails?" Liam asked after getting a quarter from who knows where.

"Head's" Matt called.

"Tails, Louis' team get'a first pick and firs ball." Liam said as he tossed his coin back. After the soccer's consulted the ended up screaming out my name, making the football's moan. You know why? VOLLEYBALL EXPERT RIGHT HERE! I can't count the times the coach asked me to join the team but that's too much work.

I swam over to an empty area but before I could get there I was surprised into a kiss from Niall. I love his kisses. Ugh, such a girly thing.

"We want Liam!" West yelled. I mean, who wouldn't, the kid did everything and anything, and did it good.

"Fin!" Will shouted. Of course, Fin was the one who played volleyball with me!

"ZAYN! HA!" Matt stuck his tongue out at us. Hey, Zayn was quite athletic if he was up for the challenge.

"Tay!" Louis smirked, kissing her cheek. I wouldn't know her volleyball skills given we weren't close, but if she was dating Louis she had to have an athletic bone in her body.

Last but not least, Whinny floated with a pouty face to the football team, making a few of us snicker, covering them with coughs.

"Let's kick some ass." Fin said to me after we high fived.

Let the hunger games begin.

*

After a competitive game of volleyball and victorious wins from our team, we were starving. So we ordered out pizza but of course it lacked to feed our far selves which led to me making a fro yo (frozen yogurt), run. Alone. Because they all hate me.

Kidding! I got multiple offers but they were in the middle of a rematch and I told them to keep playing and that the winner will get the most fro yo. I decided on Red Mango because, Red Mango, duh. And it was the closest.

I waddled out to the front door if his house, sliding the key that Niall lent me into the slot and entering the lovely warm home. Everything was really neat and pretty. Quite homie.

I walked through the pretty spacious house, searching for the kitchen. Hey, I haven't gotten down where everything was yet!

"Hello." A woman's voice echoed behind me, sounding sharp and kinda scary.

I turned on my heel and faces the tall, very distinct lady with high cheek bones and long black hair. She kind if reminded me of Cher. Not Lloyd, the original Cher.

"Hi?" I said as though it was a question.

She raised her head, still looking down at me saying, "Who are you and what are you doing in my house?"

"Claris, get away from her." Niall's voice growled from behind me.

Claris?

Holy-.

His step mother?!

(A/N UH OH NIALL'S STEP MOMS HERE!!!!

Second update (:

Follow me twitter? @luminarrycraic

COMMENT

VOTE

SHARE

READ

love you all

Ox, Dee)