Prologue

The Kissing Booth

Prologue

"Miss. Harris, Mr. Smith, have you created your booth idea for the carnival? This Saturday is when we meet to start and finish them!" Our English teacher Mrs. Samuel, scowled at us after our burst of laughter.

"Mhm, we uh, we're doing that duck thingy." Matt (Smith), snickered. "Callie and Francine are doing the 'duck thingy' so that's a no." She sighed, growing impatient.

"He meant the ring toss, right?" I stepped up to the plate. She thought on the idea. "Okay, be at school six am sharp!" She pursed her lips before retaining the rest of the class.

"Good thinking Esme, we'll do a ring toss!" Matt said with pure sarcasm. "The bitch wouldn't have left if I didn't come up with something, and a ring toss is easy." I lied.

"Uh huh, everything's fine and dandy as long as you get to go to the kissing booth." He made kissy faces at me. "Same for you! Mmm yeah Whinny, kiss me more, yeah." I pretended to be him, making out with his crush, Whinny. Like what kinda name is Whinny? Whinny the Poo? Poor girl. Imagine going in an interview and saying, "Hi, I'm Whinny!"

"Oh so we're using names now? Okay! Oh yeah Niall, kiss me, mhmm yeah baby." He did a high pitched girly voice. "SHUT UP!" I growled, slapping his shoulder.

Niall Horan, part of the soccer team, tall to my 5"3 self, sparkling blue eyes and hot dirty blonde hair.

"Usually girls go for Louis, the actual captain and stuff. Like girls go for me, the captain of the football team." Matt flaunted.

Why don't I have more female friends?ugh