Chapter Thirty-One

(A/N: To my reader whose wattpad name I've forgotten, sorry, who asked how Esme would sound, which I've never thought on, Id say whatever you imagine it to be but I'm in between Ashley Benson and Ariana Grande lol. YOU GUYS DECIDE! Enjoy!)

This was it. "The day," if you must. My dad was already up, my mom was surprisingly home, and Jack and I were being dropped to school. The only possible reason would have to be them not wanting us near that court room. But my heart was hurting. No, I wasn't having a heart attack...I hope I wasn't. It was hurting because the thought of seeing Niall face to face without a cold, dirty glass window to block me from him, and not taking it's opportunity to do so, was hurting me.

Everyone was waiting for our arrival at school so that we can call just leave together too. Or cut school, which ever way sounds better. I was nervous. Nervous because of how calm my dad looked when we left this morning.

"Okay, I'll see you two later! Don't be home late, we want a family dinner for once." My mom said as she pulled up to our school. "Hey Esme."

I looked back, fixing my bag over my shoulder as I walked to the drivers window. "I'll call you when everything's finalized." She whispered, kidding my forehead and waving goodbye.

She was still clueless and all I wanted was her to know what kind of man was sleeping besides her every night. If he doesn't tell her by tonight, I sure will.

"Esme, you okay?" Jack asked, waving a hand in front of me. I realized I've been staring at an empty road where my mom once parked and quickly snapped out of it. Everyone was here, waiting around as Zayn did a head count. God, we were so big that we had to do head counts.

"Alright, we've got everyone." Zayn nodded at me. "You've all got the direction's to get there, yeah?"

"Yes."

"Yup."

"Duh, you texted it to everyone!"

Zayn just rolled his eyes at the comebacks before saying, "Alright, we'll meet there."

"Meet where?" Mr. Johnson questioned, standing in front if our group. How'd he sneak up on us!?

"Look, suspend us, say we can't graduate, but we're going." Louis replied back.

"What? No!" I yelled, turning to face the group with Mr. Johnson. "I won't risk you all not graduating! If that's the case, they'll stay here Mr. J."

"If you could let me speak," The principal started to say, squeezing my arm, "I was going to say you better get going or you'll miss the beginning of it. Here, I wrote you all am excuse letter incase any police try to take you back."

"Thank you." We all said simultaneously like creepy little kids in those movies.

"Wish the best if luck to Mr. Horan for me." He smiled and left. That was easier than I thought. I don't think any of us thought about police taking us away.

We all separated into our cars; I was with Fin, Harry, Zayn and Jack. The ride was dead silent, everyone probably occupied with there thoughts. I know I was. What if everything did backfire on us? What if Niall has to go to jail and for how long? What will I do if he does? I couldn't give up on him, but I can't waste my life waiting for him either. If we do loose, my dad will get what he wants, and I won't allow that. All my silence won't be silence any longer if anything doesn't go as planned. I'll make sure he's in jail just to give with the taste of irony from it all.

"Are you planning to watch the trial in here or...?" Harry laughed, holding the car door open for me. I rolled my eyes and hopped out the car, fixing my Mickey Mouse oversized sweater. Hey, it had to look like I wasn't going to be at a trial! Plus, this was my most comfortable sweater I owned and you could where this bad boy with leggings!