Chapter 31

hey Shanks, here's another chapter. I actually found this chapter harder to write

Enjoy lovelies ❤️
~~~~~~~
ROSALIND'S P.O.V

Everything seemed to pass in a blur for me, my memories stopped at being banished and screaming my lungs out. But then I remember nothing, tried to hold onto a picture in my brain of a boy with orange hair sort of like mine and his name starting  for  an "M". I kept pushing, his face face became blurred yet came back. His face clearer than before, his voice speaking as he handed me a book.

Michael, his name is Michael.

It was slipping out of my grasp like sand slipping through your fingers and then it stopped and felt so though it reversed, his name, voice and face stayed with me.

When I came to, Chuck was on the ground with a dagger in his chest and in that Thomas boys' arms,

I must've passed out I thought to myself.

I cupped my hands over my mouth to muffle a sob. Warm tears welled in my eyes,

"Chuck" I whisper.

I couldn't believe it a boy who seemed like the happiest kid alive was on the cold floor with blood oozing from a wound, a dark Crimson colour spilling across the floor.

Chuck was shaking as red spit left his mouth, seeing the dagger made me cry even more, my eyes were getting blurry.

The boy muttered something to Thomas before his body relaxed completely, I gasp and squinted my eyes as I try to clear my vision.

The creators did this to Chuck, Gally couldn't have had anything to do with it, could he?

Thomas let go of Chuck after staring at his limp body, throwing himself at Gally. I ignored it and continued looking at Chuck, his smile forgotten already and the way he had that little sparkle in his eye when he was happy but I felt the tiniest of relief inside me knowing he wouldn't be pained by anything anymore.

I felt my chest tighten as I wipe away tears from my eyes.

I saw him, I watch as he looks at himself on the floor.

"Chuck?" I whisper.

He smiles and nods his head. A woman appears and takes his hand,

"I found my Mum Rose, tell Thomas that I will miss all of you. And Rose? Thank you"

I blinked again and he disappeared. You forget what a person looks like when they pass, but never the memories they left behind. My mind had to have been playing tricks on me.

"don't cry anymore" his voice echoed but I didn't listen, I continued to sob quietly.

One more of my best friends gone, in this stupid world, Chucks mum didn't look old either, was that a personal problem or had something happened to the world? Was everyone dead? I tried to forget those morbid questions but with the morbid scene unfolding right in front of me, it was hard.  I knelt beside Chuck and looked down, I couldn't do anything else but mourn.

It was like I had been deaf for those crucial seconds and finally came to. The sound of gunshots returned to my hearing first, then screams and shouts.

Newt grabbed me and followed a young man to a bus. There was nothing when we got out. It was like a desert out there. There were minimal buildings left all just a crumbling mess, my senses were just coming back as I got on the bus with Newt.

Thomas had been tackled to the ground by a disgusting looking woman, her skin red and riddled with puss filled sores. Her hair had been ripped from her skull in many places.

I looked away and put my head on Newt's shoulder. Had the world really come to this? Was it like this everywhere? There had to be somewhere unaffected. I could only hope there was somewhere, somewhere safe.