Chapter 7

Hello again my lovelies. Here is another chapter yay! Well I'm not exactly happy with it but can't leave the few readers I have hanging so please don't listen to my rambling and enjoy this new chapter, see you soon :)
~><~><~><~><~
I attend to small wounds on the Gladers that they might have gotten, most of them were apparently slicers or builders. of course.

I finish wrapping a gash on a boys leg and move out of his way to show that I was done

"thanks" he smiles walking out,

"you're going well greenie, you're a natural" Clint laughs.

I smile gingerly and make sure there was no one else being treated. "you go to lunch, i'll be done here soon" I nod my head and walk out.

I walk straight past the kitchen and towards the deadheads where I stashed my bow and arrows, under the roots of a huge tree different from all the others. I wobbled over thanks to my stupid ankle but I got there.

I took out the bow and arrows and placed one on the small cut out above where you're supposed to place your hand, didn't really even know I remembered this. I held the arrow between my first two fingers and pulled back on the string with my right arm. I raised the bow and pulled the string back to my ear.

I closed my left eye and aimed at a nearby tree, Letting go of the string and hearing the twang of it as the arrow left the bow and landed in the tree with a thud. it seemed weird I knew what I was doing, I hardly remember ever doing this except for the two dreams I had, they felt like memories but I wasn't sure. I moved to the left and walked towards the tree, pulling out the arrow with a small smile on my face. I walk back and raise my bow again putting the arrow in position once again, shooting it again and watching as it buries itself in the trunk of the tree.

I take another arrow and aim it at the tree. I hear a twig crack and whip around holding the bow ready to shoot anything that moves.

"bloody hell!" Newt exclaims, holding his hands in the air above his head. I lower the bow and close my eyes for a second, I almost shot him.

"where did you buggin' get that?" he asks pointing to the bow.

I remain quiet, he makes an 'O' shape with his mouth realising I can't answer his question. I give him a small smile and turn back around. I shoot a couple more arrows before going to retrieve them, turning back around to stash them back under the roots of the tree. Newt watches in awe the whole time. after I finish I brush off imaginary dust as turn back to face Newt.

"um, you can put that in my room, so it doesn't get wrecked" he suggests. I look at my bow and arrow, I didn't want to say no. which I couldn't do so I nodded my head, gathering my things and limping over to him. We walk into the homestead in comfortable silence. I find another bed in there other than Newt's, "

found that in supplies" he shrugs, I nod my head and put my things under the bed.

I grab the notepad and ask what the time is, Newt proceeds to tell me that it was a little past lunch, I nod my head again

"I have to go and map my section" he says glumly, we go our separate ways. I walk up the stairs and into the room, Clint nor Jeff was there so I walked back downstairs and wandered around the glade.

I saw a runner run through the doors of the maze covered in sweat and panting, it wasn't hard pretending to be mute Ans managed to be effective. I could observe the Gladers well, I liked how kind Newt was, but he was hiding something, Ably of course has the authority and acts tough but is soft on the inside I'm sure, Minho was sarcastic as hell but always meant well. and everyone else were just self explanatory. maybe I could trust them, they claim to have gone through the same as me, not remembering anything other than your name and general knowledge, But I just want to make sure.

I was becoming more an more familiarised with the slang they use. it was quite funny, I think I could pick Minho to be the one who would have sworn and everyone else hated it so they made the slang, that's my theory anyway. I didn't particularly feel like eating, this place kind of takes away your appetite. I couldn't grasp the fact that everyone seemed to get along with their lives so happily despite the fact we're stranded in the glade with man eating monsters on the other side of the walls.
~~~~
Dinner passed and everyone had gone to sleep.... except for of course, me. I couldn't sleep once again. another nightmare terrorised my mind. it was like a bug eating through my brain I guess, I couldn't stop it and every time I tried I only woke up in tears. this time I did that exact same thing but only this time woke up Newt.

I tried to wipe away the tears but they just kept coming, grabbing fistfuls of my blanket and burying my face in the blanket. I inhaled and exhaled to try and calm myself down but it only resulted in more tears. I didn't even know if the nightmares were nightmares, they felt more like night terrors.

UNKNOWN P.O.V
"there seems to be the tiniest affection from subject A5 towards the newest subject" I inform Janson.

"increase his affection towards her, remember she is a variable" he places his hand on my shoulder as I play around with A5's emotions.

I didn't feel right doing this. "we will make this happen fast, if results don't show? we eliminate her" Janson explains coldly.

I clench my teeth and nod my head, the chancellor approved of keeping Rosalind as a variable but still become a subject as her brain activity is promising.