Chapter 17

If you want to ask questions, give feedback or point out the mistakes you can do so in the comments. Enjoy the chapter my lovelies 😊
-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-
Newt sat down on the bed next to me. "I did say that but, I don't think you feel the same"

"How do you know that?"

"Because of the way you bloody act around Gally"

"Gally? This is why you avoided me? I don't like Gally. He just feels like a brother to me and for your information I do like you that's why I felt hurt when you weren't shucking speaking to me Newt" I answer angrily my voice dangerously close to yelling.

Newt smiled it was weak but it was there. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I put my head in the crook of his neck.

"I'm so sorry" Newt said. Complete sadness soaked his voice and it brought tears to my eyes.

"Don't be, I didn't even have the courage to tell what I heard until now" I whisper.

"Minho said I should ask you but I thought I'd found proof you didn't bloody like me"

It felt weird, just a month ago I didn't talk, I couldn't trust anyone but this familiar boy whom I thought I'd never met who I believed only knew sadness. and he still does but I finally figured out my damn feelings to realise I like Newt. And maybe that's what he meant when he said that he had gotten a little better, since I came.

I, along with Newt had forgotten we were hugging and pulled away.

"maybe just keep this conversation between us, knowing Minho he'll probably shout it at the top of his lungs" I say

"agreed" Newt replies.

"Get some sleep, you need it" I tell Newt. he nods and walks back to his bed.

~FLASHBACK~
The memory was an array of things that happened in my past. people in white uniforms. people struggling in water. A doctor sat over me and his words sounded like an echo in the wind

"say hello to Newt for me" his voice was deep yet sophisticated.

the people in white uniforms returned rushing around some sort of computer. their faces solemn and cold and then there were screams of agony and complete insanity.

a distorted, ugly face of a human appeared and she was scratching herself, pulling at her hair. red, irritated sores smothered her burnt skin. you couldn't even pass her off as a human anymore. I wanted to scream myself awake. The woman began begging for someone to kill her.
~ END OF FLASHBACK~

My eyes opened straight away with a gasp. The sun was slowly rising and the room slowly getting brighter. Newt was sleeping peacefully, his face looked adorable and I didn't want to disturb him but sadly I had to.

I tied up my boots and trudged over to his bed, the floor creaking with every second step.

"Newt" I whispered in his ear,

"Newt wake up" I whispered louder. "Newt!"

His eyes snap  open and turn to me. "bloody hell, what was that for?!" he snaps,

I shrug, "you weren't waking up".

Newt sighs and swings his legs over the edge of the bed, putting on his shoes and standing up. I feel my cheeks heat up for no apparent reason, causing me to look away for a second.

I walk out of the door quickly and head for the kitchen, the sound of Newt's footsteps on the soft grass behind me.

"Hungry are we?" Newt teases.