Chapter 12

NOT EDITED~ (not yet anyway)

UNKNOWN P.O.V

my job given by the chancellor was to keep close watch and analysis on subjects A5 and A0. I don't like using there numbers as names, they have names. Newt and Rose. I carefully observed both Newt's and Rose' brain patterns. Janson was still pushing for Rose to be exterminated but chancellor Paige had already made up her mind and it was very hard to change her mind.

I watched Newt and Rose on the screen. it was nice to know their minds had never fully forgotten one another. it would be nice to forget the world we live in now, ravaged by a deadly disease. WICKED are still trying to find a cure, but there morals are long gone. "how is newest subject?" Thomas asked walking up behind me. "brain patterns look promising" I tell him showing the small tablet that held changing patterns on it. Thomas looked from the tablet to the screen, he missed his friends, you could tell by the way his eyes softened with pain and sadness.

He nodded his head and passed it back to me. He leaned as whispered in my ear "chuck will be sent up into the up in the supply lift soon, thought i'd let you know" he straightened up and walked away. I gulped. chuck is so young. he would probably already know this information and is already saying goodbye. the poor kid, he was always talkative when off duty, laughing about something or other.

Rose had fallen asleep in Newts arms. Newt definitely like Rose. it was the way he looked at her before running into the maze, the way he would sneak glances while she wasn't looking. but Rose was doing the exact same thing. she just can't figure out her feelings.
<•~~~><~~~•>
ROSALIND'S P.O.V

they called themselves cranks, they are hideous creatures that looked like they were once human but animal instincts take over. I'm sure it was a dream but it felt like a memory. they kept yelling at me to kill them, and I did.

I opened my eyes slowly. Newt was still asleep. and he was hugging me. what happened last night flooded into my mind and that's why Newt is holding me. "Newt" I whisper. no response, "Newt" I say a little louder. he groans and stirs, pulling me along with him.

I let out a squeak loud enough for him to hear which makes him wake up. he notices the position and bolts upright. I giggle while doing the same. his cheeks had turned crimson. "sorry" he apologises while scratching the back of his neck. "It's ok, but you have to get going" I tell him. he nods his head and gets up while dragging me with him.

"hey what are you doing?!"

"You promised to eat so I'm bringing you with me"

I sigh in defeat as he drags me towards the kitchen. "hey" frypan greets while giving us food. "hi" I smile. Newt then drags me to a table, "sit" he instructs pointing a finger to the seat. I grumble and sit down. "ok, eat the bloody food while I get Minho, that shank is usually always the first up" Newt walks in a different direction while I sit and stare at my food. I pole it a few times and take a bite before cringing.

The usual noise of the doors opening made me block my ears. I don't know how the boys dealt with the noise and dangers here. I had barely touched my food when boys began piling out of the homestead and rising from the soft green grass.

"Mornin' shank" Gally says putting a plate of food next to me and sitting down. "morning Gally" I reply. "was top you promised to eat, why is there a whole shuck plate full of food there?"

"It's harder than it looks" I sigh pushing it away from me. "tell ya what, if you eat three more mouthfuls and an apple, i'll throw the rest I the pigs" he suggests. I scowl at my food before looking him in the eyes "deal" I reply shaking hands with him.

I eat my three bites and ask Frypan for an apple which he gladly hands over. soon Alby, Minho and Newt had joined while Gally went off to feed my food to the animals "finished?" Newt asks. I nod my head and try hard not to smile otherwise I'd give myself away. "have I missed somethin' " Alby asked confused

"She doesn't eat, so we forced her" Minho pipes up. "I didn't think you could force anyone to do anything" Gally interjects, sitting back down at the table. Gally winks at me. I smile back at him knowing he fed my food to the animals. I take another small bite out of my apple. "so you finished breakfast and you're having an apple? I'm impressed" Minho smirks while crossing his arms over his chest.

It took all of my strength to not fall off the table laughing. I gripped my apple tighter to resist the urge. its funny Minho fell for Gally's devious plan. "we're off, see ya shanks" Minho hopes up, pulling Newt with him. "bloody hell Minho! I haven't finished" he grumbles angrily. "The maze waits for no one" Minho answers dramatically. and to top it off he points a finger into the air, he puts his head to the sky and closes his eyes. posing before relinquishing the hold on Newt.

"Shuckface" Newt says. he waves at me and walks away.

"So how are ya finding the Glade greenie?" I look at Alby who had a slight smile.

"It's ok, it's risky with all the boys"

"It's easier to talk to you when you actually talk back" Alby laughs. I laugh to. I think I've made friends here.

"that reminds me, I need to get my bandages changed" my eyes widen. "bye ably. bye Gally" they smile and I walk towards the homestead. I find Clint there already. he was getting the bandages ready. "hey Clint" I greet him. "hey, you can take your bandages off and i'll put the new ones on". I nod my head and sit on one of the beds.

I lift up my shirt and slowly take off my bandage that snaked around my abdomen. I refuse to see my wound, i wanted so badly for the memories to disappear. I roll up the bandage and put it beside me. Clint saunters towards me and began wrapping the bandage around me. I wince a few times. I think the wound may have bruise in the last week. "you may be the bravest girl I've ever met" Clint says not taking his eyes off his work. "Clint, I'm the only girl you remember meeting" I retort. "true" he agrees.

He moves quickly but carefully. after Clint finishing wrapping it around my waist. "done", he stands up and moves a few inches from me. I push myself up off the bed and smile at Clint. "thanks Clint". he nods and returns to whatever he was doing before I came. I clean up the bandages and put everything back.

My sight, once again was compromised and replaced with a sort of glitchy picture of the plaque. I was closer this time. I still couldn't make out the words but I could make out the capital letters in every word. it spelt out WICKED. someone shook my shoulder which snapped me out of the picture. I gasp and flinch back. Clint had shaken my shoulder. "are you ok Rose?"

I could only muster a weak nod. Clint looked at my eyes and felt my forehead with the back of his hand. "go lay down" he instructs me. I move to one of the beds and lie down resting my head on the soft pillow.