Chapter 6

Chapter last edited: 02/08/18
~><~|~><~|~><~|~><~
I could hear the faint whispers of voices wherever I was. I moved my hand and felt fabric beneath me,

strange

The whispers became clear and I pointed out some sentences,

"I didn't know where the bloody hell she was" I recognised the voice as Newts' thanks to the accent,

"....how'd she end up in the deadheads, looking like a piece of klunk?"

my eyes fluttered open but I closed them straight away due to the blinding amount of light. the light rested on my eyelids illuminating them a shade of orange, my eyes adjusted to the light after I blinked a few times,

"the shanks awake, lets ask her"

"Calm down Minho, you'll scare her" Alby says

"Bloody hell Minho, you act like such a slinthead sometimes, she can't shucking speak" Newt argues.

I cough a few times and sit upright, "mornin' greenie, had enough beauty sleep?" Alby chuckles.

Clint over looks me, he touches my forehead. I flinch due to a bolt of pain that shoots through me, my eyes drifting to my arm. a bandage was wrapped securely around my arm, a clear line of blood seeping through the cloth. my leg was also bandaged,

"bruised head, beetle blade cut and sprained ankle" Clint mutters writing it on a clipboard.

Ably hands me a notepad and paper, I look up at him with a confused expression planted on my face,

"we need to find out what happened to you, and you need a means of communication"

I nod my head and look blankly at the piece of paper. what do I write?

I hover the pencil over the paper contemplating what to write "today greenie" Minho blurts out. (A/N: Eric from divergent XD *vows to kill Eric mentally* *wish comes true*)

I breath in and out before connecting the pencil to the paper.

I don't even know what it was, either of them. But it made mechanical noise and was half mechanical, half creature looking thing with spikes on its back and weapons, not to mention a scorpion stinger. The other was just two red dots, something struck me and it disappeared.

I didn't have to describe any further, the four of them exchanged glances at one another. "Keep going" Alby urges. I give a simple nod and continue writing.

I was running away from the creatures when tripped on a tree branch and everything went black.

"That was it? Nothing else" Minho says folding his buff arms in front of his chest. I nod my head gingerly.

"And you found her in the forest and no other injures apart from the three?" Ably asks Newt. Newt nod and looks at me. I avert my gaze and look down at my hands.

"Why didn't the bloody griever kill or even sting her?" Newt speaks. Minho and Alby both shrug. I move the pencil down the paper and wrote maybe I dreamt it on the paper before carefully lifting my legs over the side of the bed. I stand up and lean on my good leg. "not a good idea, greenie" Clint warns observing me as I stand up. I blow out breath through my mouth and waddle towards Newt, tugging on his sleeve gently like a little child.

He looks at me and I point to the paper,
"So you're saying you dreamt the griever?" Newt raises an eyebrow at me.

What was a griever?

"That can't be true, you're a greenie, we haven't even shown you one yet" Alby shakes his head.

a blaring alarm goes off which makes me jump "just supplies greenie" Minho rolls his eyes.

Clint walks off and comes back with crutches in his hands. "Try these" he says holding them out for me.

he pulls me up by the armpits so I could get proper hold if the crutches, he lets go but stays close enough just in case.

I get the hang of it and walk out the door. It takes awhile to get down the stairs but I make it, when I get out of the homestead I could see everyone lingering around the box I came up in.

I sigh ever so quietly and use the crutches to move towards the crowd, they were pulling out supplies. I push past the boys and peer into the box.

"there's a long box with your name on it greenie!" I heard Gally yell from the box.

The box is passed up and placed in front of my feet. I move the crutches so they were on my left side to favour my sprained ankle, picking up the package and slipping it under my arm.

Hopefully it's what I asked for. I move through the crowd and sit against a tree. My name was written in black in on the lid. I open the box, inside was the familiar bow from my memories, a bunch of arrows sitting beneath the bow. there were other necessities packed in as well which will become very handy.

~FEW WEEKS ERLIER~
Unknown P.O.V
"we must kill her, she will be too much of a risk" Janson says, trying to convince chancellor Ava Paige the danger of the subject that had just recently gone up to the maze.

her name was Rosalind, although she usually went by the name of Rose to save issues.

Janson tapped his foot impatiently on the floor waiting for a response from the chancellor, she thought for a moment before speaking,

"Perhaps, but how would we execute this plan without endangering the other subjects?" she stated calmly.

"We could hack her chip, order her into the maze and wait for a Griever-" Janson began,

"We have been observing the brain activity of the subjects, she has stimulated emotions in their brains which could be helpful, might I suggest making her a variable?" I interrupt.

The chancellors eyes dart in my direction, she nods her head, "perhaps, collect results from the subjects brain activity and pass them on to me so I may decide what to do"

"But chancellor, the swipe was not performed properly on her, she could end up remembering everything" Janson objects.

Ava puts her hand up to signal for Janson to be quiet, "Rosalind was one of our finest, I will not kill her unless completely necessary" she turns back to me,

"I expect the results tomorrow evening on my desk" and with that, Janson and I were being ushered out

"in the meantime, give the girl necessities and whatever she requests!" the chancellor yells as Janson closes the door,

"well then, hop to it and gather her supplies" Janson ushers me away and I turn in a complete different direction with a huff, I just saved Rosalind's butt.