Chapter 5

And welcome back to another chapter, if love to hear thoughts and opinions on this story so feel free to comment and tap or click the little ⭐️ at the bottom of your screen, go on... you know you wanna click it😉
~><~><~><~><~
The sun rested on my closed eyelids which made me open them, the floor was softer then what I remembered it to be. I sat up and felt a soft bed beneath me. I glance at Newt who was asleep on a chair next to the bed which made me smile.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed and looked at the state of my clothes, I was absolutely filthy.

"you can have a shower and I could find you some girlish clothes, don't have any bloody girls up here so the clothes will be hard to find" Newt smiled, scratching the back of his neck and standing from his chair.

"Minho can guard the entrance to the showers" Newt smiled leaving the room.

I sigh and look around the small and simple room, the memory I had remembered last night had been so graphic, it was me who killed those four people and the way my body acted made it seem like they were important.

I wiped away a tear and rubbed my hands on my thighs, Istrode out of the room and into a hallway, a door stood at the end of the hallway slightly ajar. I tilt my head to the side before walking towards it and opening it further, the Glade was drenched in the early morning sun. a few of the Gladers were dotted around keeping busy.

"Hey greenie!" Alby yelled. I looked over to him and saw him wave as he walked closer, 

"you're starting out as a builder today, good luck greenbean" he says before walking off.

I furrow my eyebrows slightly confused at how quick he said hey and left. I walk out into the Huge field  and look at some of the passing boys, I spotted two standing by the closed doors. the earsplitting noise returned making me cup my ears and scrunch up my face, It didn't seem to affect them and they were standing inches away from the doors.

The doors finish opening and I once again un-cup my ears, I walk towards the deadheads, I think that's what it's called. I lean against a dead tree and stare off into the distance. It was definitely hard pretending to be mute and even harder to refrain from telling off these creepy, hormonal teenagers.
~~~~~~~~~~
ONE WEEK LATER-

I stood outside nervously pacing back and fourth outside, I could hear the voices of the keepers inside talking in hushed voices yet still loud enough for me to hear. The door opens and Minho stands in front of me, my head had snapped in his direction, "come on shank" he smirks. I walk in behind Minho, all the keepers eyes were on me, Alby stood up as Minho sat down. "We have come to a decision on what job you will take up in the glade" he states giving a half hearted smile before sitting back down.

I felt so stupid standing, a feeling of helplessness overcame be as I stood staring at the faces in the room, couldn't they just hurry up and tell me? Clint, the keeper of the med-jacks stood up,

"guess you're an honorary med-jack now greenie" he smiled, I couldn't help but smile back.

If I was to stay here, I guess I could handle being a med-jack.

"Ok everyone, let's get to bed" Alby orders.

They all say their good nights and I exit side by side with newt.

"Well, you're a med-jack" Newt says awkwardly.

It took all my strength not to giggle, I felt ok around Newt, he still felt extremely familiar. We arrive at the homestead, the night sky illuminating the field. I follow newt into his room trying so hard not to make it look like I'm a creepy stalker.  The supplies were due tomorrow apparently and it had completely slipped my mind on what I requested. Gally was the one to tell me that sometimes requests were answered.

I put myself comfortably in the corner of the small room, Newt noticed my position in the room and frowns. I close my eyes hoping for a dreamless sleep.

~DREAM~
The dream was through my eyes like last time, yet this time I was running. I could hear my heavy breath as my eyes looked down at my feet and behind me, People. There were people chasing me. Their Laughter was filled with lunacy as it echoed towards me, "Come ere' Munie" a mans voice shouts. What was a munie? I stopped and spun abruptly on my heels to face the crowd of lunatics. I see the bow and arrow once again as it moved into my vision.

My arm was pulling back on the string which I soon released, sending the arrow flying into the crowd. I had lowered my arm which held the bow and just kept my gaze on the crowd. When they got closer I realised the group consisted of five people.

They didn't slow their pace as they came towards me. They pushed me over, I saw their hands raise in the air and probably make contact with my body numerous times, my screams could be heard over the laughter of these strange and disoriented people.

The dream was getting a little graphic, more and more blood flew up in the air most likely coming from me, "we don't like munies" a woman mutters twitching and shaking her head. "Don't like them, don't like them, don't like them" she continues to mutter crazily to herself. She breaks out into a fit of crazed laughter
~END OF DREAM~

I sit up gasping for air. The woman's crazed laughter echoes in my head, I feel the scratchy fabric of a blanket which came to my waist.

It wasn't real, I'm back in reality I try to tell myself. Newt had fallen asleep in front of me, his mouth was parted slightly and his head was propped up in his arms which acted as a pillow. This time I placed the blanket on him, he stirs a little before settling back into his sleep. I slip out of the homestead.

Sleeping bodies were scattered throughout the Glade. I stepped over some and headed for the deadheads. Sleeping was no longer an option, I walked further into the dark forest. I lean against the tree once I couldn't see any dead trees, I slowly exhale. I hear leaves crunch from a direction somewhere around me. I spin in a full circle and catch two small red lights, they rested a little above the leaves.

I walk cautiously towards the two red dots. the dots move and a flash of silver appeared and disappeared from the dim glow of the moon. when I was close enough I reached out my hand.

I knew something bad would happen but I didn't care. my hand creeped closer to the dots until I felt cool metal, the feeling was for only a split second before a stinging sensation forced me to retract my arm. I put my other hand to my arm and felt a warm, sticky liquid on my fingers and arm. blood. I wince and squeeze my arm tightly. the small echo of stone against stone was heard in the distance as well as inhuman wails. whir, click, click

I spun around on my heels and came face to face with a hideous monster. it looked like a half mechanical, half slimy green creature. The legs were mechanical which made the whirring and clicking noise as it moved to legs getting ready to charge at me. it had weapons such as spikes and shears a scorpion looking stinger was raised above its hideous, eyeless head with protruding teeth dripping with slime exactly like its slimy body. I urged my body to move away from the disgusting looking creature that surely had the intent of killing me.

I turned and sprinted, I heard the mechanisms in its legs begin to move making the whirring and clicking noise once again. my heart beat faster in my chest as I urged my legs to carry me past the dead trees and into the glade.

As I ran I regretted walking so far into the deadheads. I mustn't have seen the tree root sticking out from the ground because before I knew it I had tripped and most likely sprained my leg.

My head collided with the floor of the forest making me feel dizzy. I could feel the pain in my ankle and the cut on my arm was still bleeding. I closed my eyes and felt the darkness consume me, I was going to die.