Chapter 26

I will now apologise for two things, 1: sorry to keep you waiting but school sucks and kept me away from wattpad and might I add HAPPY EASTER!!! Then there is number 2: sorry for how short the chapter is, oh yeah and this story is coming to an end but don't be discouraged my lovelies there will be a second fanfiction!! So the ride has just begun strap yourselves in for the rides of your lives (I make cheesy remarks, get used to it :) )

Enjoy lovelies ❤️
~~~~~~
"You get to run a section by yourself today shuck face" Minho smiles.

"Is that wise?" Newt asks.

Minho nods, "she's as ready as she can ever be"

I look to Newt and then Minho. "I'll be fine Newt" I assure him.

He grabs my hand, "I don't want you to get hurt again"

"I should be immune from pain now" I smile gingerly.

"Yeah Newtie stop being an overprotective boyfriend" Minho jokes.

"Minho I never said he was overprotective, you said that" I poke his chest.

"Come on let's go" Minho whines,

"You're like a child" I groan while following Minho and waving at Newt.

I was scared to run a section by myself if I got lost but I guess it's risk I could live with if any of us were going to find a way out of this hell hole.
~~~~
Sweat. Sweat is supposed to be good but it's my enemy, It makes you sticky but is supposed to keep you cool.

I think thoroughly about sweat as I run through the doors of the maze where Newt awaits, his arms crossed.

I was happy he'd finally stopped having to use crutches. He would never get back the movement in his ankle like he had before and it will always be a reminder of the pain he felt, the feeling will never leave him.

I fall to the ground when I make it through the doors. my legs were mush and I wasn't surprised if my legs broke off.

"Rose?" Newt asked worried,

"I'm fine" my voice came out muffled as I literally had my head in grass,

"why don't you have a shower, you deserve it" Newt pulls me up.

"I'll guard the entrance" I nod my head, not bothered to speak.

I collected a towel and headed towards the shower with Newt. He then stood at the door, I have my shower trying to be as quick as possible. I get out and get changed before opening the door.

"You think the bloody boys would have learnt by now that you're off limits" Newt shakes his head which made me laugh.

"feel better?" he asks completely forgetting the boys he was angry with.

"yes, feeling very refreshed" I nod.

Newt seemed a little off than usual, there was something he wasn't telling me,

"few more weeks and the new greenie arrives, I wonder what shocked little boy we'll get next the poor shank" I say trying to talk about something, anything.

"Hopefully they don't klunk their pants" Newt adds

"Or run off into the maze" I continue.

~~~~~
I play with my food while everyone else eats it.

"Eat the shucking food before I lose it" Minho shouts.

I smirk and take even longer, "Minho leave the girl alone if she wants to eat slowly" Alby butts in.

Gally on the other hand had isolated himself completely, he didn't talk and a part of me broke inside for him. I poke my tongue out at Minho who does it straight back at me.

I eventually eat my food and was then snatched by Newt, he took me to the deadheads again, To the same tree with the same branch arrangement and colour of leaves.

Newt walks around the trunk of the tree and comes back with a flower crown. he sits in front of me, placing the crown on my head. He takes my hands and looks me in the eyes.

"Rosalind the runner, will you be my girlfriend?" he asks his eyes held nervousness.

I smile and nod my head before moving foreword and pressing my lips to his in an excited kiss, we part slightly out of breath.

Newt hugs me as we look up through the leaves to look up at the stars. Newt sighs and I close my eyes.