Chapter twenty nine

(Aliyah Prov)

  I felt heavy. Like I was being weighed down by something or someone. I tried searching the inside of my mind but it was just all scrambled.

  My eyes felt heavy as I tried to open them, but I forced them to open. I saw a sleeping Dawson, his hand intertwined with mine, and his head on part of my lap. He looked uncomfortable, but it was just good being with him again. I moved my hand from his to his cheek, and I caressed it, then ran my fingers through his hair, it's what made me feel better, was running my hand through his soft unshaven hair.

He blinked slightly, and when he saw my hand, he followed and went up to my face, and when I saw him see my face, he stood up, and over me. He pressed his soft lips hard against mine, and all around my face. What happened with the angry emotionless Dawson? I smiled though as he grabbed the remote to my bed, and he called the assistance button.

"Don't ever do that to me again, ok?" I heard him ask and he ran a hand through my matted hair, and he kissed me again softly, then on my forehead.

"I- t-thought y-y-you were busy being angry with me." I asked and he smiled slightly.

"Oh I'm still angry, but we'll fix that later when you're feeling better." he said and I smiled at him. My breath still felt mint fresh.

"Have you.. Been brushing my teeth for me?" I asked hoarsely, tiredly and he shrugged.

"I kiss you everyday, don't want you to lose your good breath of course." he said and I smiled slightly. I felt something poking up through my nostrils, I looked down and saw casts, a finger clamp on my index finger and an IV in my arm.

"How long;" I asked letting my head fall back and roll to the side, blinking tiredly.

"You've been in and out of consciousness for a little over a week." he said and I looked to him.

"You've been staying with me?" I asked and he nodded.

"The others and I have been taking turns." something told me he wasn't good in this sharing department.

"Where's Grusslie." I asked and he caressed my face.

"He's alive, and he's being fed and watched." he said and I shrugged. A nurse came in, and when she saw my eyes were open she pressed a pager.

"A doctor will be right with you." she said as she came over and checked my vitals. A few minutes later the doctor came in and she grabbed the clip board.

"It's good you're waking up. Are the drugs wearing off?" she asked and I shrugged.

"Nothing's hurting.." I said and she nodded.

"That's good. We're keeping pain medication in your system, so hopefully not." she said and Dawson intertwined our fingers, so I looked to him and he was watching my face.

"How bad am I?"I asked and his emotionless face looked away from me.

"You have multiple injuries. We put you through an X-ray machine and we figured out what was all wrong with you. You had so many cuts, bruises and your body was swollen to a maximum where we had to wait, but we reset a few muscles and the cast on your foot is from it breaking in three different places, and there was a hole in it." she said and I closed my eyes, laying my cheek on the pillow.

"Your sides are hurt, in part of the condition where your placenta detached and your lungs had collapsed." she said, and for some reason she was becoming more searching, and Dawson's hand tightened slightly.

"Your-"

"Do you think she needs more meds?" Dawson cut in and I looked to him, confused. The doctor looked at him with understanding.

"No, but I will leave you two be." she said and she wished me well then walked out of the door, closing it after.

"What was that?" I asked croakily, and he handed me a jug of water with a straw.

"Nothing." he said but I looked to him suspiciously.

"If it's about what's wrong with me I'd like to know." I said quietly and he set it back down after I was through with it.

"You.. Did you get that abortion?" he asked and I immediately came in focus, I squinted my eyes and searched his face as he was searching mine.

"I did, why?" he looked away for a moment, and I saw his adam's apple bob meaning is swallowed.

"You were pregnant, again.. And in surgery, they found the fetus and it wasn't alive." he said and I my breathing got heavy, my eyes began to swell with salt water while they felt like they were throbbing, I couldn't even see straight, but I held it in, and I looked away.

"How far along was I?" I asked and he sat down in his chair.

"Not far.. Three or four months." he said and I swallowed.

"Did they tell you what it was..?" I asked and he tightened his hold on my hand.

" A girl." he said and two lone tears fell, but with my free hand I wiped them away immediately.

"Oh." was all I said.

THE END.