Chapter twenty eight

(Dawson's Prov)

Killing them all had made me feel momentarily complete inside, but then I saw my one, and I knew if I didn't lose her, a miracle would be the name of that.

I glared at Grusslie as everyone watched me pace, and then I looked back to the ground, tightening my arms that were crossed over my chest. I want to kill that little bastard but I can't just deny Ali like that. I can't, not right now. Not when she's in surgery..

After three days of looking constantly, of doing everything possible, we got mail. And as soon as I read that mail, I locked, loaded and went there. Now to hear that Grusslie was the one who sent it, when much more he's supposed to be dead, not on the enemies side, he will have a lot of explaining to do.

We had been sitting here for only god knows how long, until finally a nurse came up.

"Family of ******?" I turned to the woman and she nodded.

"Are you immediate family?" she asked and I nodded.

"Yes, I'm her husband." I said and she nodded.

"You must be Dawson then." she said and I nodded again. When you're someone's one, you have full claim on them, which means you find a person and you sign some papers which makes you their husband or wife, it's nothing big to 'ones' if it's true.

"Well then I have to have a word alone with you." she said and I walked with her down the hall slightly and then we just stopped.

"The surgeries went completely fine, we have to reattach her placenta, reset a few bones, she had head TRAMA and injuries that only time would tell when the swelling goes down. As you may know now, the baby did not make it. When the placenta detached she lost air, and she died. And there were several bruises, so we had to take her out of Aliyah's body while in surgery." she said and I took a deep breathe.. She, there was another baby? Or did she not get that abortion and risk her life..

"Where is Aliyah now?" I asked and she seriously answered.

"In ICU. Only you, and immediate family can go back." she said and I nodded.

"And, can I see our baby?" I asked and she searched my face.

".. I can arrange that for you now if you'd like.." she said and I nodded.

"I need to see her.. Just once, one time and I'll be fine." she nodded and then looked to her schedule.

"If you'd like, I can take you back there now, and when it comes time to see the-- baby, you can have one or two of the 'family' back there with her so she isn't alone." she said and I nodded.

"thank you. I'll go tell them now." I said and she left me to talk to everyone.

" She had another miscarriage." I said to them quietly, and they all stood shocked and clearly the hurt was on their faces. Even the Luke guy.. I had called him off of Aliyah's phone and told him to get up here.

"Another?" Grusslie asked, and I looked at him emotionlessly.. All I want to do right now is rip his throat out and stick his jugular through his eye. He knew it to, ohh he knew.

"Is she going to be ok?" Luke asked and I nodded.

"As far as I know, yes." I wanted to tell them how the baby girl died, but I just couldn't. I couldn't form words, I couldn't tell them that I was going to see her, it was too personal.. Ali was right when she said it's hard, that it's not like you know what to say, and you can't just come out and say it and expect a normal reaction..

"I'm going to go back with her so the rest of you go home. I want Grusslie down in the training center, strapped down, and he isn't allowed to talk, or be talked to till I get there and talk to him first. Clear?" I said authoratively and they nodded.

"You can go to the house to, and settle in in a room, Ty, you see to that." I said and he nodded.

When I walked into her personal room, it was hard to see her like that. I'd never saw her this.. Broken before, and this is just while she's sleeping.. How am I supposed to tell her that she lost a baby.. Our baby girl. I sat down beside her and grabbed her hand, kissing her palm.

It was the anesthesia in her system, and in plus I doubt she's slept in days. She looked so hurt, and tired, and scratched up.. Makes me want to go back and kill them slow and painfully..