Chapter two

Chapter two

__________________________

I woke up to my alarm and Ronny's foot on my face.. I struggle to get out of bed that I fall out, trying to not land on my face. Damn she's a wild sleeper. I rubbed my face and stand, seeing she's still sprawled out on my bed.

"Get up." I growl. She groans, but starts to drag herself out of the stupid bed.

"Can I borrow some clothes?" She asked and I nodded.

"Ya. I still have the extra toothbrush on my sink if you need that to. Trouble with your boyfriend again?" She shrugged and I let the subject go. The last time was a few weeks ago, and she came to me on a whim, telling me about how her boyfriend kicked her out of the house for a night or so, since they had gotten into another fight. I didn't ask any questions. I know that if she wanted to talk about it- she would.

I know her parents aren't exactly in the picture, and she's been with the guy since she was fifteen. She told me she moved in with him because she had no where else to go.  I've known her for two years, and I've only ever seen the guy once. I've only ever been to her place once too, and it didn't turn out the way she planned it.

Sometimes I worry for her, thinking she's in something she doesnt truly wanna be in, but she reassures me it's just a fight or two. That their just goin through a rough patch, and they'll get over it. Who am I to dispute that when I know nothing about the guy? So I let her stay when she needs, and I don't ask questions.

When we reach school, I grab another apple out of my bag as I sit on the bench. I see two new cars, but I don't think anything of it. Part of my old and new attitude that intertwined with each other, is that I just don't care. I force myself to sometimes, but over the little things, like new people, or what a persons wearing for the day, I take pride that I just don't care.

Abi ran up to me, her eyes wide through her glasses and her blond hair was scattered around her face messily.

"There are new students. Five new students here, and they all look.. weird, and intimidating." She said hurriedly and I raised an eyebrow as I took a bite.

"That sounds like you're worried." I said and she gapes at me.

"The populars and them are going to clash. It's like the five all came.. Together. There are five guys and one girl." And as she says that, I see the girl. Her eyes catch mine and as I had my apple to my mouth, about to take a bite, I freeze in mid alarm. The apple is gripped so harshly in my hand, I'm almost sure if I don't let up, it will combust into pieces. I quickly follow through with my bite, and I'm glad to notice Abi didnt see my pause before I flit my eyes back to the girl.

Recognition fills her eyes, and she makes her way over, leaving the others I refused to check over, but as she started her march, I quickly got up and turned to Abi. I disregard Ronny who caught the apple I threw in her direction.

"I'm gonna go to class. I don't want to be late, and after all I have to turn in all of the pages I did. I'll see you at lunch, ya?" I asked, but left before anyone had time to react. I walked into the school and glanced behind me to see the girl stare after me. As I notice she's no longer moving, she then hurries to turn around and go back to the ones she was with.

I bit the inside of my cheek as I went straight to class and sit down in the same spot. I turn my homework in, with my desk being so close to the bin.

The bell rung and the chem teacher came in, sitting down and watching as people filled the room.

I didn't look around as I put my ear plugs in and listened to music on my phone.

Max hurried in and came to me immediately.