Chapter three

Chapter three.

After school, I got into the car and headed home. I took a shower, got dressed in skinny jeans, a black tee and then I put on my boots. I re brushed my teeth and then left.

The directions left me to a big house, more than big, it was huge. They had things like that in Florida? Who knew.

I parked my car in the driveway and I got buzzed in, Dawson was sitting outside alone as the rest were mostly inside, or getting ready for my arrival.

Jumping out of the car, I put my phone in my back pocket and he stood up as I reached the steps.

We didn't say much to each other, and it felt awkward with each other alone, opposite of how it used to be.

"Are you dating him?" he finally asks in a cold voice and I look at him with confusion.

"What, Who?" I asked and he stopped.

"The guy you were all over. The same guy who was called your play toy and you didn't object. The same one who you was all over at lunch. " he said and I took it in for and laughed.

"Him my boyfriend? No, it's not like that between us." I said and he pursed his lips.

"So he is your boy'toy'." he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Like I said, it's not like that between us." I spoke and he stayed silent.

" Then what is it like." he spoke it after a moment and I tucked my hair that was in my face behind my ear.

"Nothing of what you're thinking. Why does it matter anyways?" I asked and he pursed his lips harder together.

"I want to know because of the agreement we had, and the pact we all made toward each other." He said and I frowned for a moment, immediately remembering the promises we once made.

"Dawson, that was a long time ago. Like I said, I am a changed person, I want out of the pact for good, I'm not like I used to be. I'll keep the promises I can, but the rest is different. Nothing ever stays the same, things do change." I said and he searched my face for a moment before turning into the house door. I sighed but followed the 'leader' into the ridiculously humongous mansion.

We walked into a room that looked like the living room, with six people sitting or standing around the room where a fireplace sat, lighting in its flaming glory.

Uncle Grant was there, and when I walked into the room, his face lit up with recognition, but it took a moment for that to happen. I might have changed a little since the last time I saw him.

"Aliyah." Grant spoke and I nodded at him.

"Grant." He looked to Dawson but stayed silent.

"Aliyah, we want to speak with you about why you left." Dawson spoke professionally and the group stayed silent but I knew they agreed.

"I had no choice, and it was so sudden." I said defiantly.

"You had a choice, you always have a choice, and you could have gotten hold of us somehow." Ty says, trying to justify my answer, but I wouldn't let him.

"I was fourteen years old! I barely had say over what I ate!"

"WE HAD A PACT!" Maddox yelled at me, not able to keep his anger in control as he took a step forward and glared at me. I finally glared at him, loosing my cool.

"YES. We all had a pact to protect one another, no matter the cost, and none of you did that when I needed it! None of you! Then I FINALY understood why. I noticed that we were KIDS! We are still kids and what I am- was up against,, none of you could help me, and I figured that out when I was beaten half to death almost everyday, then have to deal with all of you at once! When I had FINALLY got rid of the problem, or at least I thought I did, I get a call signing my death, at FOURTEEN, leaving me cold on the floor with stale and salt water tears streaming out of my eyes and having my mom find me like that! I found out that this was wasting time! The only thing that helped me in those times was the anger, fear and enduring it all." I yelled at them and ran a hand through my hair before continuing.