Chapter 24

Enchanted Forest (A Week Later)

We were so close to getting home. Sure there was a difficulty finding out how when they got Aurora, but we figured that out. Little did we know that they took her heart. Now we're trapped in Rumplestiltskin's cell. Mary Margaret keeps saying that we'll be okay, but all her hope makes me want to suffocate myself sometimes.

I look at the scroll again. Why does he have my name written so many times? Where is the squid ink, the only thing that can get us out of here? Maybe it's not in a jar but.... but it's on the paper! I stand up, holding the scroll out in front of me.

"Emma what are you-" Mary Margaret asks me but I interrupt her.

"The squid ink was used to write my name." I inform her, then I blow the squid ink off the paper and onto the bars of the cell, making them disappear. "Lets go." I step out through the hole I just made.

Mary Margaret and Mulan look at me shocked, but step up. Aurora stays inside the cell.

"Coming?" I ask her.

"No it's not safe." She answers as she sits down. "You need to tie my here. Cora has my heart it's not safe for me to be with you."

"Aurora I promised Philip I'd keep you safe-" Mulan complains but Aurora cuts her of.

"And you will by making me stay here." Aurora protests, "please."

"Fine." Mulan gives in and leaves Aurora in the cell and we leave, hurrying to the lake to catch up with Hook and Cora.

Around 20 minutes later

We get to the lake and see Cora put the wardrobe ashes in, creating a portal. I run ahead of Mary Margaret and Mulan.

"Stop!" I yell at them.

"Sorry, but your to late." Cora replies about to step in the portal, but just before she does I charge pulling out the sword I got earlier.

Storybrook

Henry and I got to Granny's and ordered two cups of hot cocoa with cinnamon. Right before we got them, Henry left, he said something didn't seem right and he was gonna go make sure everything went okay. I'm not really sure what he meant by that so I let him leave.

The hot cocoa arrives and I pay Ruby the money Henry left with me. Then she walks away and I drink in silence. I hear the bell ring as the door opens and I look up to see someone walk in.

"Mad Hatter, long time no see." I say standing up to see Jefferson walk in with someone.

"Hello." He replies, "this is my daughter Grace, but here she's called Paige."

"Hey," Grace says waving to me.

"Nice to finally meet you." I reply with a smile, "I think we go to school together."

"Yeah we do." She informs me. I sip the last drink of my hot cocoa then stand up.

"I better get going." I tell him, "have to go find Henry. Nice to see you since the curse has broken."

"Yeah, now to just get home." Mad Hatter says with a smile. I walk past then out the door heading towards the woods.

Enchanted Forest

I finally get the compass back from Hook. I look over and see Mary Margaret and Cora right in front of each other. Cora says something, but just can't hear it. Then she reaches for her heart, but by some instinct I run in front of her shoving her away.

"Love is weakness." Cora tells me as she tries to take out my heart, but she can't. "What?" Then a beam of light goes out from my heart and blasts her back

"What was that?" I ask shocked.

"I'm not sure but we can figure that out when we get home." Mary Margaret says with a huge smile on her face.

"Okay one more thing." I go over to Mulan and hand her Aurora's heart. "Hook gave it to me before I you know, knocked him out."

"Thanks." Mulan replies thanking me, then she nods to Mary Margaret and leaves.

"Lets go." I say to Mary Margaret and we hold hands and I grab the compass, holding on tightly then we jump in.