Chapter 20

Enchanted Forest

We grab our bags and start to walk into the woods, again. I'm walking behind everyone, keeping my hand on my gun, which I doubt will work here, but it's the only weapon I have at the time. Apparently there are ogres or something in the forest... great another obstacle keeping me from Henry. We are all walking in silence, trying not to draw any attention to us. Suddenly a branch snaps and everyone turns around quickly.

"You." Mulan says angrily to the person behind us, "have you been following us?" I look at the person, it's a guy who looks like he apparently survived the ogre things to. Maybe he knows where the compass is.

"Sort of..." he explains, "I'm just looking for some help..."

"Yeah right," Mulan says doubtful. "I bet you were sent by that witch."

"What witch?" He asks innocently.

"What's your name?" Mary Margaret asks him.

"Killian Jones." He replies, "look I just need some help..." I glance down at his hand and see a hook.

"Who are you really?" I ask pulling out my gun, making apparent that I don't trust him. "What happened to your hand."

"Sword fight gone wrong..." he says.

"Your a pirate." Aurora gasps, "I've heard of you... they say your one of the worst right?"

"No that's someone else." He replies, trying to get us to trust him.

"What do we do with him?" Mary Margaret asks.

"I say we tie him to that tree and feed him to the ogres." Mulan says, "maybe he knows where the compass is and he'll help us."

"Its worth a shot." I say with a sigh agreeing, "let's do it."

Storybrook

The next day I wake up early and get ready for school, for the first time since Mary Margaret and Emma left. I walk down stairs with my backpack already on and see that David and Henry are awake too.

"Are you coming to school today?" Henry asks me.

"Yeah," I reply. "Its what I should've done a while ago."

"Great. Breakfast is almost ready." David says, "do guys need a ride or are you walking?"

"Whatever works for you guys..." I say, "I might skateboard there."

"Okay I'll walk with her." Henry agrees with me. "I'm sure I can keep up."

"Okay," David replies as he glances at his watch. "We should probably hurry then if you guys are walking. You don't want to be late."

After we eat breakfast, I grab my jacket and backpack, again and open the door. I reach down and grab my skateboard, but then I decide to just walk, and I leave it there. Henry and I walk out the door and down the stairs, onto the street. We walk in silence for a few minutes.

"So what made you want to come back to school?" Henry asks me.

"A friend, she said they all missed me there so I decided to come again I guess." I answer truthfully, "do you miss them? Emma and Mary Margaret I mean."

"Yeah, but I know their gonna come back." He answers.

"How can you be so sure?" I ask him.

"Because I believe in them." He replies with a smile.

"Your right," I agree with him. "They've only been gone for what, less then a week?"

"Yeah, about six days." Henry informs me, "I still can't believe it. Right after they found each other, they loose each other again."

"Do you think we'll ever go back to the Enchanted Forest permanently?" I ask him, "you seem to know more about this stuff than I do... I just want to go home, if it still exists at least."

"Maybe we can find a way." Henry assures me, "when they come back."