Chapter 11

Storybrook

The next day when I get to school I immediately look for Bree. She wasn't at school yesterday, but it's possible she was just sick. I want to ask about her but I'm worried about more jokes about my real self that no one believes about. I'm trying my best to avoid everyone but while I'm trying to do this I bump into someone.

"Sorry," I say trying to keep my head down so another fight wouldn't happen.

"No problem." I look up to see who it is and see Liam, Jacin's best friend. "Hey your that one girl everyone at schools talking about right? The fairytale chick right?"

"Umm yeah totally," is all I can say. "Look I know they say I'm crazy but I promise I'm not-"

"I don't think your crazy." He replies, "just because you believe differently then others doesn't mean those people are crazy."

"Thanks, for not thinking I'm crazy." I reply, "sorry for bumping into you." I look down and see his papers scattered across the ground. "Here let me get those for you."

"No, no let me." He replies, but I've already knelt to get them. He kneels to next to me and we both collect up the various papers.

"Here." I say handing him the rest of his papers, after we've picked them all up.

"Thanks." He replies and I blush, "see you around?"

"Umm yeah I guess so." I reply waving bye as he walks away. I'm heading to class again, forgetting about Bree when the principal comes from his office and pulls me aside. "What is it this time?" I ask him, extremely annoyed.

"The mayor wants to talk to you." He replies, he leads me into his office where the mayor is sitting.

"Hello Mrs. Mills," I say to her, not bothering to address that she is the mayor. According to Henry she is the evil queen, and I probably shouldn't trust her.

"Hello, Claire right?" She asks me, and I nod. "Look, whatever nonsense your spreading it needs to stop."

"What do you mean?" I ask her trying to sound innocent.

"I've heard that your telling everyone here that they are really fairytale characters." She informs me, "and that includes telling my son."

"But I didn't tell Henry, he told me." I reply, "and I'm not spreading rumors about it. I'm trying to keep it to myself. Why would it matter unless it was real?"

"It's not. Which is why it has to stop." She sternly answers me, "if you don't consequences will follow."

"Like what? Will I be 'moved' from my current foster home or something?" I ask sarcastically.

"No, but something will happen." She replies.

"Like? Will I be locked up with the crazy people?" I ask getting slightly worried. I promised Mary Margaret I would stop getting into trouble and she won't be happy when she hears about this.

"Look, your the same age as Henry right?" She asks, I nod. "I would never put a 10 year old in a place for crazy people unless it was absolutely necessary."

"So what would you call this?" I ask.

"A warning." She answers, then Regina stands up and leaves, without giving me a second glance. Then the principal comes back in and ushers me out of his office and I walk back to class.

Enchanted Forest

"Wonderland?" Regina, the Queen's actual name is Regina apparently, asks me.

"Yeah, I've tryed to get through back to my land for years," I start. "Just a couple of days ago I was told about this mirror at the Queen of Hearts castle and I went there immediately. When I got there the Queen allowed me to use her magic mirror to get here. But this isn't my home and I want to go home."

"I see," Regina nods like she understands. "I thought I had sealed off that portal... oh well I'll find out how you got here soon enough."

"Wait, you won't help me get home?" I ask her.

"Not at the moment, as it just so happens I'm in the middle of enacting a curse." She informs me.

"No," I reply when the realization hits me. The Queen of Hearts sent me here to take care of Regina and go with them in the curse! "Please just send me home."

"I'm sorry I have more important things to do." She replies, "guards! Please escort Ms. Alice to the tower." The guards nod and lead me away, leaving the Queen to be alone.

Authors note: Sorry this chapter was super long. Enjoy!
-Zoey