Thirty-Eight

ANU

ANU

Sore from last night's escapades, I stretch my legs out on the cushioned bench leaning back against Sidharth's hard chest, enjoying the view of cobalt blue waves crashing against the jagged cliff rocks, foaming white as they recede into the ocean. The indulgent fragrance of black ivory coffee swirls through the cool briny sea air with its distinct earthy scent. Hints of chocolate, spice and violet tingle my taste buds uniquely mixing a trace of dried fruit, particularly tamarind, and grass. Their flavors blending to perfection as the warm liquid flows down my throat.

Wrapped in a small throw blanket, Sid wraps his arms around me resting his chin on my shoulder. Dressed down to just my panties and one of his t-shirts, I welcome the warmth of his arms and sweet fluttery kisses up my neck to my jaw. "I've got our entire day planned out, love. I can't wait!" he grins against the crook of my neck, squeezing his arms tightly around my stomach. I love seeing him this excited with a boyish anticipation gleaming in his eyes and that extra hitch in his voice. The fact that he's opening up to this part of his life is enough for me.

"Mamu! Mami! Good morning!" Rohit shouts coming up the steps. "Op, I can come back later," wide-eyed and sheepishly grinning he makes a sharp U-turn down the stairs seeing Sid and I cuddled up.

"No, come we're about to eat," Sid calls him back, while I slip into the bedroom to put on a pair of shorts.

Rohit runs up to Sid, plunging directly into his lap hugging him around the stomach. "Mornin' kid," Sid ruffles Rohit's unruly hair, kissing him on the head.

"Morning, Rohit," smiling, I bend down waiting for him to kiss my cheek. Quickly he leans over pecking me on the cheek, instantly turning beet red.

Sid lifts Rohit, sitting him right on top of the breakfast table on the terrace. Cheerfully, his legs swing over the edge of the table as I unfold a crepe onto his plate smearing cream cheese over the thin golden-brown pancake with a drizzle of blackberry sauce topping it off with powdered sugar. Smiling smugly at his breakfast, relishing on all the sugar he's about to eat, Rohit doesn't waste time forking into the sweet crepe.

"Can you teach mommy to make these? Parathas are making me fat," Rohit rubs his chubby tummy, giggling as it jiggles.

Top down on a sleek Aston Martin Convertible Sid cruises down highway 1 toward town. Gusts of sea breeze blow against my face taking my open hair into a fluttering mess, my hands tirelessly pushing the pesky strands behind my ears. Warm rays of the morning sun strikes over the tall cliffs bathing the rust colored rocks with a striking glow of yellow. Specks of light sparkle against the dark blue waves crashing below us against the rocky shoreline.

Smiling giddily, I reach over the console clasping the side of Sid's face enjoying the equally radiant smile on his voluptuous lips. He clutches my wrist holding my hand to his face, twisting his mouth to kiss the ident of my palm. His habitual sternly arched brows full of domineering attitude and suspicion are relaxed. The ever-presenting strict curve of his mouth is now lifted in a breathtaking smile showing that behind the hard man he grew up to be is still the boy I once knew.