Two

Anu

Anu

I'm the first to jump from my seat and grab my carry-on luggage to disembark the plane. Wheeling the black Epi leather Louis Vuitton Pegase behind me I find the carousel of luggage and wait for my other suitcase to come around the revolving belt. Impatience takes over me as I wait, tapping my feet on the tiled floor of the airport. My suitcase finally comes through the entrance of the silver belt and I hastily push other passengers out of the way to get it.

Running up to the check-in counter I realize my connecting flight doesn't leave for another eight hours. It's at this moment I want to scream and cry. Waiting four hours in Naples wasn't enough, no I had to endure another eight here before I could get home. I really wanted to call papa and ask to use one of the corporate jets but they are reserved for mostly business. Looking at my phone I see numerous missed calls and text messages; the roaming charges I'm going to get will be ridiculous! I seriously contemplate calling my dad before I change my mind.

I have been to Paris only once before and that was for a wedding of a very distant cousin when I was thirteen. My family and I did every touristy thing there was to when in Paris and the thirteen-year-old me was absolutely in love with the city, so in love that I never came back. The city didn't stick with me I felt everything was too overdone and cliché I wanted more excitement, unique places that people hardly visit but really should.

Getting a pro and con list going in my head I had more pros of staying than cons so I canceled my ticket for my flight back home and head to the best five-star hotel money could buy. I was done being angry and feeling sorry and confused for myself. It was time to enjoy the summer and there was only one person who I could do that with, my best friend or more like my sister, Shreya. Hopping into a cab I tell the cabbie the name of the hotel and be sure to warn him to take the quick local route and not to jip me for a bigger fare, I would leave a more than sufficient tip if the cab ride was short. Holding my phone between my shoulder and ear I rummage through my Hermes handbag for my wallet.

"Hello," I could feel her smirking through the phone as she answered.

"Hi," my voice is strained as I pull out the bills to pay the cab driver.

"How's the wedding?" Shreya asks from the other end smacking her lips as she crunched something loudly in her mouth.

"How fast can you get to Paris? I'm in desperate need of some girl time and a shopping spree,"

"You? In Paris? Shopping?" her sarcastic tone is well received and expected.

"Yes! I'll explain everything when you get here,"

"You're lucky I love you so much. I'm taking the next flight out. Where are you staying?"

"La Tremoille,"

"Oh la la, look at you finally coming around. Okay, I'll see you then," I end the call just as the car stops in front the hotel and I pay the driver. He smiles and tips his beret. A bellboy helps with my luggage as I walk up to the concierge. The brown-haired woman's thick French accent only adds to the fake excitement I have bubbling in my stomach.