Three

Anu

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Anu

I dozed off in the chair without even realizing. I get a rude awakening from Shreya when she violently shakes my shoulders and screams in my face to wake up. Rubbing my eyes to get rid of my sleepiness I look around the room to the smiling faces of Shreya, Gayatri, Vidya, and Riya.

"What are you all doing here?" surprised and genuinely happy, a wide smile falling on my lips.

"Nice to see you too bitch," Riya chides sarcastically jumping into my lap squeezing me into a hug.

"Whose balls do I need to cut off?" Vidya crosses her arms across her chest fuming.

"No one's!" I yell back because I know if I said the word she would. Vidya has always been the bodyguard in our small group since we all met each other during our first year of college.

"Forget him, sweetheart, there are plenty men in this world who will do anything to be with you," Gayatri walks up to me where Riya still has me pinned in the chair. "He's just one guy," she offered her best smile gently squeezing my shoulders.

"He was supposed to be the only one," I murmured looking down at the floor.

"Enough of feeling sorry for yourself. We're all here after three months apart it's time to get drunk ladies," Shreya stands on the seven-tier king sized bed screaming at the top of her lungs. Riya hops off my lap and tugs me by the wrist where I'm thrown into a group hug.

"If dildos felt the same way an actual penis did, we wouldn't need men," Riya boldly stated. The rest of us just stared at her blankly before breaking out into laughter. Maybe she did have a point.

The last time my friends and I were together was the weekend three months ago in The Hamptons. And I hardly got to spend time with them because the entire weekend was dedicated to spending time with Sidharth. From the night before the party to the Monday afternoon when we left, I was with him the majority of the time. I stand in the middle of the chaos that my hotel suite has become with the girls running around finding outfits to go out with tonight and holding up various dresses asking for opinions.

Shreya threw me into a black Valentino knee-length dress that hugs my hips and thighs to show off the curvature of my body but still leaves some to mystery. This is how we deal with break-ups. As a group, we come together and relinquish all judgment and logic to let loose and have fun. Just like when Riya got cheated on by her first boyfriend in college, or Gayatri got dumped for the girl in beauty school, or Vidya got used for just sex and Shreya... well we have never done this for Shre, she's the one to always break it off. I just let the girls take control of everything tonight, considering how my mind keeps wandering off.

I glance in the mirror before we leave the hotel room. I look unapproachable and high maintenance; perfect look when at the moment I hate men and detest being spoken to, much less flirted by any male. In the next hour, we're already in a club hogging a section of the bar to ourselves. It's everything one would expect a club to be, loud music, flashing lights, sexual tension that could be sliced with a knife, and the scent of sweat and alcohol swarming through the air. I cringe to myself looking around, wishing I could be back in the hotel room, but I know it's better to be here being distracted by Riya and Shreya's loud talking.

Life's Second Chancesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें