Thirty-One

ANU

ANU

Groaning, I roll over in bed covering my face with a pillow. The pounding in my skull causes the muscles in the back of my neck to painfully tighten. Retching, I slap my hands over my mouth as tumble from underneath the cover vomiting over the side of the bed. Clinging to the mattress, I heave on my own breath, gagging from the stench of vomit on the floor.

Laying on my back, I sink into the pile of pillows dazedly staring out the window to the view of Central Park. Slowly looking around the room at the dark-blue cotton-silk sheets wrinkled from sleep over the spacious California king mattress, the dark gray walls, raw sapphire molded in platinum forming the fireplace, the black leather sofas sitting by a corner of the wall of floor-to-ceiling windows surrounding the marble coffee table on a plush Persian rug.

This isn't my bedroom.

"Rise and shine, princess!" Sidharth bounds into his bedroom in a black t-shirt and loose shorts, holding a breakfast tray.

"How? When...Why? Am I here?"

"You called me last night from outside Tweys Lounge completely drunk. You ended up blacking out in my car, and my place was closer,"

"Well uh-thank you...and I just threw up on your floor, sorry,"

"I heard, and I can smell it," he chuckles sliding into bed next to me, placing the tray between us. The scent of the fragrant coffee billowing from the white mugs is a beacon of hope for my turbulent stomach.

"Did you change my clothes?" I ask finally registering wearing one of his t-shirts and just my panties.

"Yeah, you puked on yourself...and in my car...and on me,"

Groaning, I whimper into my hands "I'm so sorry. We spent the week on Laucala island in Fiji for Shreya's bachelorette party and every day was drinking and last night she had us meet a few people who couldn't make the trip and well you know how that ended,"

"Hey," curving his thumb under my chin he cups the side of my face with his warm palm "You can call me anytime it doesn't matter what. I'm glad I was the one there to pick you up,"

"Thank you," wrinkling my nose against his, I pinch his cheeks in my hands.

"Nik's bachelor party was fucking fantastic. We called in some strippers, did a few lines of coke, got magnificently shitfaced and woke up with a new girl in our beds the next morning," smirking behind his coffee mug, I can see his eyes playfully lighting up with the sharp sun striking through the windows.

"You wouldn't dare! First, my brother is not the type for a weekend spent like that, Aryan for sure but not Nikhil, and second, you know I would kill you if you did any such things,"

"We did get shitfaced though and Aryan brought some edibles that had us all fucked up for a couple hours,"

"I swear, he's the youngest one but he influences all of you to do the worst shit,"