6

You would often wonder why the hell someone would be going out shopping for pastel clothes if you're emo as fuck, but for Dan having PJ as a friend, none of them cared.

"Ooh, look Peej, this says 'The 1975' totally getting it." Dan said holding up a white sweater.

PJ was currently on his phone doing whatever it is, so he just agreed on everything Dan said in order to leave him alone.

"That's wonderful Danny, we should look s'more." PJ said in a placid voice not looking up.

Dan skipped away to another section of the store and PJ slowly followed.

Dan stopped at a sight many people would call 'heartbreaking'.

"Charlie, babe, do you think this flower crown matches these shoes?" Phil said.

"Dan where'd you go?" PJ said for afar.

"R-right here." He said bitterly walking away.

PJ finally caught up, "What's wrong?" PJ said confused.

"Uh, nothing. Let's go get some hair dye." Dan said walking off.

PJ didn't even care that Dan was looking for hair dye, he was just concerned on what he saw.

PJ then took notice. Phil was holding hands with this guy.

"Hmm." PJ rubbing the back of his neck.

"PJ! Come on." Dan said with handful of stuff.

PJ went back to his phone and followed Dan. PJ stayed still concerned on Dan. Was this even fair?

Dan went to the cashier and payed for all his stuff. He left really feeling really gloomy.

PJ didn't even bother bringing up what just happened, he knew it was for the best.

It was silent when they were on their ride to PJ's house.

"So Dan, What do you want to do first?" PJ said as they arrived.

"Uh, I don't know." Dan said sighing.

PJ felt like Dan thought to much. He felt like he need to release those feelings. But he knew that if he asked him to release those feelings, he'd probably just bottle them up even more.

After awhile of raiding the fridge, they both headed up to PJ's room. Dan completely forgot about the whole Phil thing.

Dan plopped up on his bed with the bags.

"I want to be different." Dan said taking out everything they bought out of their bags.

"You want to do what?!" PJ asked now looking at what he bought.

PJ wasn't exactly sure why Dan wanted this, but he also really didn't care. Then again it really did matter what his friend does.

Dan began to take out his clothes admired them, PJ was confused as fuck.

"Alright, come help me dye my hair." Dan said.

PJ was now really concerned and was about to scream at the hair dye Dan was currently holding.

"What?" Dan said seeing PJ's reaction.

"Okay Dan," PJ paused, "I don't even know where to begin." He mumbled.

"Why am I giving you a makeover?" PJ said.

"Its not a makeover, it's just a change, I'm over that whole emo phase." Dan said.

PJ's eye twitched.

"Alright, let's do it." PJ said.

Before Dan knew it He was out of the shower drying his hair. Dan looked at himself in the mirror.

"Different." Dan whispered.

He began to put on the clothes he bought. And lets just say this clothes is the very opposite you'd expect from 'the Dan Howell'.

He stepped out of the bathroom and PJ looked up at him.

"Fuck, you look adorable." PJ said grinning. Dan blushed.

"No homo though." Dan chuckled.

"Much homo, dude." PJ said.

PJ didn't realize this different was okay. It was perfect.

A/N
Holy fuck I jsut finished reading Arms by strawb3rryvib3s and I am crying sm, anyway just to be clear punk Dan is now pastel Dan woah plot twist. Omfg Victorious is on the radio, gotta ZAYN. - stabithahowlter