16.Who's the selfish one?

*Third person POV*

"Doctor,subject 13 visited school hospital today.",nurse held phone on her ear,hiding behind corner,peeking her head out time to time,just to cheek is anyone listening.

Only silence could be heard from the other side.Soon,deep male voice answered.

"You did blood analysis like I said?"

"Yes.Everything seems fine,except high level of Rc cells.There not high like in ghoul's blood,but higher than average for humans that's for sure."

"That's because of the fetus inside of her body.Her human body isn't compatible for ghoul's baby.Death is sure for about 90%.It's her or fetus."

Nurse flinched on word 'death'.Rei Aihara was young girl.And in one second she felt sorry for her.

Doctor continued."But I'm hoping that we'll keep both.Half-ghoul baby will be real opportunity to do some left researches.And about human girl...Well,Eto strictly ordered to keep her alive no matter what.She's planning something really big with her."

"But how...?There's high possibility,no matter how strong her body,that she will die-"

"No.Rabbit won't let that happen to his mate.He will find a way to keep her alive.",doctor cuts nurse off.

He used word 'mate'.

Like he was talking about animals.

Nurse kept quiet,even she wasn't really happy because of cooperation with Aogiri Tree.She was still kinda upset because of Kaneki Ken...Are they going to do the same thing to this girl?It doesn't matter...She had no other choice.It was about her life after all.They would kill her.If she keeps working for them and doctor,her life is safe.

Right?

"But there's another thing that peeked my interest."

"Yes,doctor?"

She stared at window,watching crows that were flying above sunny sky.

"You said that her body couldn't stand pain in lower abdomen,correct?"

"Yes.There was also high fever,migraine and nausea."

"Just as I though.",he said."In Eto's case,her mother had to eat human flesh so she could get pregnant with ghoul.But,as we know,subject 13 has no reason for that.So I assume that fetus found another way to keep his existence."

Nurse Taguchi widened eyes as she realize what's doctor saying.

Impossible...

"You're saying that-"

"He's feeding with his mother.That caused pains and fever.And if Rabbit and Subject 13 don't figure out that she will have to eat human flesh,she will got eaten up by her own child."

"Oh...That's so cruel..."

This world...

"Okay,Taguchi.Call me again if you gather up any important information about them.I have to go,it's risky to talk about this on telephones.Goodbye."

"Goodbye...",nurse looks up in sky,with unreadable expression."Doctor Kanou."