2. Wings Of Fire

As I run fastest I can,my footsteps were quiet like a fire,clouds of my warm breath going up in cold air,melting with it and disappearing.

My vision was sharpened,narrowed;all my senses awake,and my heartbeats were loud like a clapping wings in my chests,fanning the flame inside of my heart.

I jumped over huge dark hole between two buildings,wind slapping my numb cheeks as I felt how my heart skipped a beat when I realized that I won't land nicely.

On News there was many cases of people that died by playing with fire just like I'm doing now,and in my mind suddenly appeared censored pictures of their bloody corpses on the ground, while their limbs were angled in unnatural poses.

And I knew that I won't end up like that.

I am not like them.

I angled my body on the right a little bit so I would land on my right shoulder,rolling over ground and I felt hard pressure going over my body as I quickly regained my balance with a flip,continuing to run and still feeling the stabs of small stones in my skin when my body hit the ground.

It was negligible.

My heart was beating so fast due fire-like adrenaline that made me feel like I was burning.As I heard another scream,I cursed,knitting my eyebrows together as my running became faster than I thought it's even possible,all my muscles moving against my will,aching from pain I recklessly ignored.

I tried to control my body and mind but it just moved to get to the scream source.It was like I was possessed and I couldn't stop.

I needed to save this person so desperately.

Or was I trying to save myself?

No.I will not let anyone get killed by ghoul in my close space.

Because now,I'm not so weak like I used to be.

Now...I have a power.

I am strong.

And I need to prove that to myself.

"Goddammit...",I cursed loudly as I stand on the roof,fixing skull bandana over my reddish,numb cheeks and red nose,so only my dark eyes could be seen.

I felt more like 'me'  holding that mask over face.

Like I was hidden away from the world,deep down behind many masks.I didn't want anyone to see me.Anyone to know me.Real me.

It can make me weak.

And mask is making me feel invincible,since no one can actually see who I am.

My truth not unraveled to the world.

I had to close my eyes for a moment and focus on the scream's source so I could realize where it's coming from.

Before anyone dies.

I inhaled slowly,feeling wind caressing my face and blowing dark hair behind me,as I felt it slapping my back.

And then I felt uncomfortable.

Someone is there.

Suddenly,uneasy feeling appeared inside of me and I clicked with my tongue,my face scowling naturally as I turned around,gazing at every corner and shadow around me.