| ♫ Bar 31 |

Eren was tired, but he forbade himself from sleeping because it would lead to dreams, and those dreams would often have Levi. He was all he could think about. Thoughts and flashbacks of the man clogged his brain and suffocated him until he couldn't think of anything else. He couldn't continue doing regular, everyday activities without thinking about him, and it made him sick.

It was almost 10 p.m.

Eren watched the moon light blend into the pavement of the sidewalk as he dragged his feet restlessly to the direction of the coffee shop. He didn't intend to go there, his feet were just guiding him as if he were a soulless shell of a boy. He didn't each anything healthy for the past couple of days, and Jean tried to force feed him something like salad but it was no use. He was living off muffins and ramen.

It was raining very heavily and Jean had warned him before he exited the house, but he left before he could hear anything. The thick droplets of rain seeped through his black, cotton sweater and he could almost hear his soaked sneakers make weird squishing sounds as he walked around. He was chilled to the bone, so cold that he couldn't even shiver. There was nothing but the light of lamp posts to guide his way through the dense darkness.

There wasn't many customers at the cafe when he finally reached his destination. He remembered how it was always so packed during the day time, and now it looked like it was run down. It was night after all. The hours where the heartbroken individuals revealed themselves from their cocoons of isolation. At least, that's what Eren believed because he was one of them.

There were three other people sipping their tea or coffee when he entered the shop. He knew Marco worked in the shop and he spotted him cleaning the counters near the cashier with a rag. He had one ear bud on as he moved swiftly around the tables like they were obstacles. Marco looked up when Eren approached and smiled softly.

"Hey, Mr. Musician. Haven't seen you in a while," he greeted and removed the ear bud.

Eren grinned back. "I get that a lot. You're still working? I didn't know you worked night shifts."

"Yeah, well someone has to pay for bills once me and Jean live together," he replied. He look a little embarrassed, too.

"You're going to move in? No wonder there's an extra room at his place."

"How do you know that? You sleeping over or something?" he asked. Marco sounded a little jealous. Interesting, Eren thought.

"I wouldn't call it sleeping over. I haven't had any sleep for last couple of days. Totally ruins the idea," he answered and chuckled.

"You have a point. Anyways, what brings you here? Did you and Mr. Ackerman get into a fight or anything? I mean, you don't have to answer me, but you can tell me if you want."

Eren flinched.

"Bull's eyes?"

Eren nodded. "I knew that question was going to get me sooner or later. Enough about me. I'm probably distracting you from your work."

"Are you blind?" Marco said and gestured around the shop with his free hand. "It's always dead here at night. I'll get you coffee the way you like. Black, and it's all on me."

"Marco, you don't have to."

"We have discounts at night, so a medium coffee is worth less than two dollars. I don't mind and besides, we barely talk anymore ever since you..."

He didn't finish his sentence nor did he have to. Eren already knew what he was going to say. Ever since you broke your hands. Eren really appreciated a friend like Marco at times like these. He was always so friendly and understanding. He handed Eren a cup of perfectly brewed and black coffee just five minutes later. Eren pulled out a stool near the cashier as Marco continued to clean around the area.