|♮Bar 8 |

Eren went home late that day with no speck of worry on his mind. The sun was drifting towards the horizon, creating a symphony of gaudy and vibrant colours on the murky blue sky as the moon sailed to the upper atmosphere. He never really took a glance from his window but he had to admit that the sky appeared rather enchanting that night. The clouds waltzed above the skyline and the cold night air nipped at his cheeks and lips harshly as he shivered.

All the lights inside his house were switched off when he hobbled in. Eren shuffled tiredly to his room while dragging his backpack up the stairs with him. He was exhausted and blamed it all on Levi for technically forcing him to play the piano again when he didn't really feel like it; his fingers felt even more numb than they did before and it was difficult to curl them up now. His room was chilly when he entered and he had just realized then that he had left the window open by accident. he swore under his breath and shuddered from the cold.

He felt a little drowsy but he didn't want to sleep, it was just one of those nights where he just wanted to stare at something until he fell asleep and that night, it was gonna be the sky. He snatched away a thin blanket and draped it over his shoulders like a cape before he took a step outside his window and felt the rough materiel of the roof underneath his feet. He stayed there, leaning against the wall of chapped paint and rusty nails as he took shallow breaths and sighed as his head lolled to the side in a drunkenly matter.

Eren wished he could sleep there for the night and admire the beauty of what was left of an area that wasn't so polluted. His ink stained fingers fumbled with the loose string of the blankets as he hummed a song to himself.

Right when his eyes started to flutter closed, he felt a small vibration in his pocket and came to his senses. His finger tips felt a tingling sensation when he fished the phone out of his pocket. He didn't recognized the number and he would usually not answer but he did anyways, there must be a reason to why someone was calling him.

"Hello. It's your boy Jaeger speaking," he said in the most sarcastic and tired voice ever.

"Oi , you forgot some of your notes and music sheets here, you idiot," a gruff voice replied from the other end. "You can remember all sorts of notes but you can't remember to bring your belongings with you?"

"Levi? Is that you?"

"No I'm the death god waiting to reap your soul. Yes it's Levi. Who the fuck did you think it was?"

"How the hell did you get my number?" Eren inquired.

"I have my ways, Jaeger. So are you gonna come here and retrieve or do I have to walk to your place myself?"

"Why can't you just give it to me tomorrow? It's not like they're done or anything anyways," Eren complained.

"It's making me feel very, very anxious," Levi told him. "What if I accidentally look at your notes? I want to keep the lyrics a surprise."

A soft chuckle erupted from Eren's throat. "What are you? Eleven?"

"I'm seven years older than you, you little shit it's just that everyone has pet peeves whatever the fuck they are. Anyways, decide now," he told him.

"Hmm I'm too tired to go over to your place. My house is not so far from yours. If you look out a window right now, maybe you can see a freakishly hot teenage boy sitting on the roof of his house," he said with a grin even though Levi couldn't see his mouth.

"Keep dreaming, Jaeger. Alright I'm coming over since you can't drag your lazy ass over here," he muttered. Eren was soon greeted by a long and faint beep, telling him that he had hung up.

He slipped his phone back into his pocket and waited patiently while he closed his eyes for a moment or two.

---