| ♪̳Bar 18 |

Levi's poor heart was violently thumping against his ribcage and he suddenly felt very queasy. His hands were clammy and shaking when he tried to steady them on the steering wheel and he felt like nothing was real; everything was just a mere façade and he wasn't right in the head. Maybe he heard Eren's question wrong, but he couldn't be too sure.

"That's a ridiculous question," he breathed and shook his head.

"I'm serious. What would happen if I did say it?" Eren asked as his brows furrowed with curiosity.

"Hmm... I'm not certain you would want to know," Levi replied quietly. "And why are you so curious about it?"

"I'm sure I would want to know," he replied.

Any passerby in the parking would think they look like so bickering couple. They were in the parking for what seemed like ten minutes now, the groceries in the trunk long forgotten.

"You're being way too nosy for comfort," Levi told him with a light scowl.

"You literally just spilled all your emotions about fifteen minutes ago and now you're unwilling to tell me this one thing? Nothing like secret hidden intentions of love to keep you awake at night," he muttered and crossed his arms.

"Enough, Eren, we should head home," Levi suggested as he revved up the engine of the car. Eren began to sulk, feeling that it was unfair that the man beside him was still keeping so many secrets from him. He couldn't quite believe that this day he shared with him even happened in the first place; he was the last person he would have expected to get a confession from, but he was also thrilled.

It seemed very surreal because Eren thought of himself as a very unappealing kind of person, but here he was, sitting in the same car as someone who actually found him pleasant. All throughout high school, no one bothered to make a move on Eren because he was known to be a lunatic when it came to music. Because why bother going for someone who fell in love with music? Music was a very complex part of his life so he didn't have time to actually look at any girls to see if they piqued his interest. He was too busy reading notes and scores.

The radio was off on their way home and they exchanged no words at all. The atmosphere definitely felt different and it was probably because of Levi's mood. It wasn't an awkward car ride, but it was definitely not pleasant either. Levi's hands were gripped tightly onto the steering wheel, his visible, blue veins pulsing on his pale hands. His eyes were locked on the road, refusing to stare at anything else.

The engine quieted down once they were in front of their apartment building and the older man hurried out of the car as soon as he retrieved his keys. Eren followed after him, taking the remaining bags of groceries and walked silently behind him. The silence grew even longer once they entered his apartment room and gently set down the bags on the small table.

"You should go," Levi suggested without turning around.

"Huh? I wasn't done asking questions though," Eren said quickly.

"You can ask tomorrow or the day after and maybe even later on than that," he replied with a shake of his
head.

"Why not now? The day is still young and the sunset hasn't even painted the sky yet. We still have a lot of time," Eren proteted stubbornly and crossed his arms.

"I'm telling you this for your own sake, Eren."

The younger male looked disappointed but didn't even move by a single inch. He was firmly holding his ground and it was going to make Levi lose his sanity sooner or later.

"I'm going to count to ten and if you don't leave by then, you're going to regret it," Levi exhaled with a shaking breath.

"I'm not a child anymore for fuck's sake-"