|♮Bar 4 |

He ended up abandoning the music sheet he created because in his opinion, it sounded like absolute shit. It was too loud and contained too many sixteenth notes.

The house the next day was empty because Carla, Grisha and Mikasa worked for the whole day, meaning Eren had the house all to himself just to listen or create music. He did it all the time when no one was around because his parents would often come up to his room to tell him that his music was too loud. of course he had headphones, but it was so much better if he could just blast out his favourite songs.

Of course he couldn't really do that today because he had school and after school he had to invite Levi over so they could immediately started working on their score and he was not looking forward to it at all. He just wanted to finish it as soon as possible so that he would never have to see him again. He didn't really want to make an effort to make a good song but then again, he just had to win. In his town, he was known for never getting lower than third place.

He dragged himself down stairs after he got dressed and brushed his teeth. He snatched his backpack and headed out the door into the new, sunny morning. He always skipped breakfast because everyday at school he would always have band class as his first block and if he ate, it would most likely dirty and damage his saxophone and clarinet reeds.

He didn't want them to snap or mold up because they often came in packs of ten and they were quite pricey.

His school was right across the street from his house so he didn't have to worry about fainting for not eating and having enough rest. It didn't matter since the band room was the loudest classroom in the entire school and people from other blocks could often hear them play from down the hallways.

He hobbled his way to his first class while dragging his feet and his backpack with him. He was so tired but nothing would ever stop him from playing music. He entered the giant classroom and was surprised when he saw that the chairs and music stands which was pretty rare to him because the teacher would always tell them to set things up themselves.

He was greeted good morning by some of his friends as his best friend Armin came running up to him with a big smile plastered on his face.

"Hey," Eren said. "What are you excited about?"

"Mr. Clarabang finally retired and you know how rude and sour he was. Hopefully we get an even better music assistant," he explained.

"Where did you get this piece of information? I wasn't informed about this last friday," Eren stated and raised an eyebrow.

"Mr. Rutlee told all the students that arrived early and told us to spread the news. You're late so you should get your saxophone out before they arrive."

"Alright," Eren sighed and walked into the storage room where all the instruments were kept. He carefully brought his saxophone case to his assigned seat and gently opened the case. The first thing he did was wear the saxophone strap around his neck and inserted a reed into his mouth and made sure that it was fully moist.

(a reed is a wooden piece that is attached to the mouthpiece by the legature. it's thin towards the tip then thick towards the end and is one of the most important part of the instrument. it makes air pass smoothly through the mouthpiece, down the neck and out the horn. all wood wind instruments require one hence the name. im really bad at explaining things i am so sorry okay continue)

Eren was calmly sitting in his seat patiently and nearly spat out his reed when their music teacher walked in with the new so called assistant. Everyone's head spun quickly to see who it was and a lot of them looked very pleased.

"Hi, kids," Mr. Rutlee said with a smile on his face. He was a jolly, old man who was very kind and enthusiastic about music and reminded a lot of people of Dumbledore because of his glasses but he was absolutely terrifying when someone messed up more than once. He thought that achieving perfection was easy and he wanted everyone to have that. "Splendid Monday morning, eh?"