| ♪̳Bar 25 |

A week later...

Why did life have to take away the kind people? The beautiful souls, the caring ones?

Eren had no idea why, and everything just hit him all at once when he had the chance to see his mother again. His heart a was giant, black hole and was sucking everything in its wake; he couldn't feel anything anymore and he couldn't express his emotions properly.

His cheek leaned against the cold window pane as he gazed at the moving image outside. It was raining and the clouds covered the sky like thick paint. His book of sheet music rested on his lap as his fingers tapped along to the rhythm of a song stuck inside his head. Levi was driving silently and stared straight ahead; his expression and eyes vacant and blank too.

It was funny how much Eren changed by just meeting and getting to know this man. He opened his eyes for him and basically inspired him to play the piano again, which was quite surprising because Eren disliked classic music for a very, very long time. He made him see music for what it was and it was art, it was magic it was like laughing gas. It hid the screams and cries of pain.

Eren sighed aloud. Music couldn't remove everything horrible and sad in life. It was only a mask.

He didn't react when he noticed that Levi pulled into the driveway of his old home and stopped the car. He looked over at the younger male and nodded.

"Come on, Eren."

"Yeah," he replied as he opened the door and slipped out into the outside world.

The cold rain sprinkled onto their hair and jackets as they knocked on the door and waited patiently.They didn't talk a lot lately and that was because Levi sensed Eren didn't want to because he was busy over thinking many things. The door slowly swung open and a weary looking Mikasa peeked from the crack of the door.

"Hello, Kasa."

She smiled as she swung the door wider. "Great to see you again," she told him and quickly looked at Levi. She nodded her head at him calmly.

The house smelled of dead roses and oranges which reminded Eren of the hospital. Many adults used to tell him that oranges had many vitamins to make you strong again back when he got sick, and dead roses meant they were alive before and given to someone as a 'get well soon' gift. Oranges and flowers equaled hospitals and hospitals equaled death. Life was just one big and messy math equation, and sometimes there wasn't a good answer.

"Where is she? Is she sleeping?" Eren asked as soon as the door closed.

"She's in her room but she isn't sleeping. She was too excited to see you, so she decided to wait for your arrival. I tried to get her to rest, but it was no use." Mikasa smiled, a hint of sadness traced in it and her eyes became heavy with wariness. "You know her; she loves you."

Eren looked down as he his hands clenched and followed her to where their mom was. The scent got more and more dense, and Eren felt his nose and the back of his throat tingle, a burning feeling- almost like there was a small ember. They reached the door and Eren quickly got inside with Levi waiting behind it. His mother was on the bed and reading some novel titled 'Ender's game.'

Her face lit up and her mouth curled into a bright smile the moment she saw Eren. She dropped her book, not bothering to place a bookmark. To Eren's relief, she looked a lot better than he expected, but her face was a little more pale than usual. Her hair was up in a messy bun and she was dressed in her over sized sweaters, which he figured probably belonged to his father.

"Eren," she greeted as he approached the bed. "How are you? Are you alright? I haven't heard from you in a while."

"You shouldn't be worried about me. Worry about yourself, especially in your condition," he sighed and knelt by the bed and rested his arms just near hers. "What did the doctor say?"