Chapter Fifty- Four: Hell Week

Começar do início

The door creaked open and I practically screeched. "Seriously, leave me the fuck alone!" I twisted around aggrivated to no end. Surprise and guilt quickly ran through my veins as I stared at the olive skinned boy. "Oh! Zayn! I'm so, so, so sorry! I thought you were Harry... He hasn't left me alone and I really have been trying to study- and- and I'm sorry! You didn't deserve to be yelled at." Silence filled the space between us, threatening to make everything beyond awkward. When a smile cracked through his straight face, I felt myself smile back at him. He laughed as he bounded over to the bed. 

"Can I help?"

"Yeah, I mean... If you want. I really need help with vocab. I already made flash cards if you want to test me."

Zayn scooted the papers away, making a spot for himself. He smiled sweetly as he accepted the flash cards and shuffled through them. "Are you ready?"

"Yes?"

"I said, are you ready?!" He announced like I was starting a wrestling match and not a pop quiz.

"Yeah!" I played along, earning a bigger smile from him.

"Traditional economy. Go! Go! Go!" Zayn commanded as he finally landed on a card he liked.

"Uhm, economic system that relies on the habit, custom, or ritual to decide questions of production and consuption of goods and services!"

"What is an organization that uses resources to produce a product and then sell it!"

"A firm!"

"A law firm?"

"Any firm!"

"What is self-interest?"

"A personal gain!"

"What is consumer sovereignty?"

"The power of consumers to decide what does or doesn't get produced!"

"Ding- ding- ding! Round 1, Chris: One! Economics: Zero!" Zayn's smile was contagious as he quizzed me. Page after page, helping me with my review and correctly set up a couple pairs of notes for the chapters I had to read.

"Zayn, I love you so much." We had spent the last hour drowning in Economoics before I finally called it a night. Physics, an entire English paper and too much Economics. My brain pounded against my skull as we dove into supply and demand curves. I sorted out the papers in their appropriate binder before setting them off in the corner of the room.

"Anything for you, Christina," he smiled.

"Anything for Selena," we both said at the same time. Our eyes grew wide before bursting into a fit of giggles.

"I love that movie!" Zayn gushed as he stood up and stretched. His plain white cotton shirt hitched up to reveal his caramel colored skin. Talk about model material.

"It's one of my favorites! I thought I was the only one!"

"Of course not! She's such a babe. J-Lo is my girl," he winked before back pedaling to the door, dodging the pillow I tossed at him.

"You pervert!"

"She is! Goodnight Chris," he sang as he exited the room. With a goofy grin on my face, I laid down on the bed. Before I could drift into a peaceful slumber, I heard the door creak open.

"Baby?" A soft coo caused me to sit back up. My heart broke at the sight of Harry giving me puppy dog eyes, holding a bowl of chocolate chip mint icecream. "Can I come in?"

"Yes," I rolled my eyes at his pouted lips. His features brightened immediatley as he closed the door behind himself and pranced over. "Is that for me?" He nodded, curls bouncing everywhere. "Oh Harry, I'm sorry for earlier, I shouldn't have pushed you away because you were just trying to soothe-"