P R O L O G U E

I stand in horror as I watch my mom's mortified expression

I stand in horror as I watch my mom's mortified expression. My feet are stuck on the ground, I can't even make myself walk. My hands are trembling, trembling with fear and with anger. My father has this look on his face like he was about to burst out and cry, disappointment washing over his features. I could not utter any single word. My head is pounding in my ear. I can't even do anything, it was like someone has taken over my body, holding me up.

Shannon is the only one in motion. Her chest heaving, she's looking straight right at me. She has this smirk on her face. Almost conniving. She crosses her arms over her chest still lingering her eyes on me, and I swear I'd never been so scared in my entire life. The whole house is quiet, and I can't hold it anymore. If I ever breathe in one second and look over everything I swear I'm gonna collapse.

And then hours later, I found myself being escorted inside Greenfields Sanitarium...

A tall middle-aged man is holding onto my arms guiding me down the hall. I want to tell him to stop walking me down through the isolated halls but it feels like I can't even form a sentence, not even a word. I try to shake my head as if to say 'there's been a mistake', but is there really is? And even if I do so, he isn't even looking at me. Just straight down the lonely hall.

I remember seeing my mom's bloodshot eyes and my father's regretful and disappointed look back when they were talking to the nurse on the front desk. Shannon was nowhere to be seen when we arrived in the Sanitarium. I figured they must have left her in the house.

I try to remember what had happened in the past hour or so, but my mind is all clouded up and I can't recall anything. I don't have any idea what had happened but maybe it was something this bad and horrible for my parents to check me inside a freaking asylum.

The man escorting me stopped halfway through walking. He pulls out a key card from his pockets and flashes it on the mini I-don't-know-what's-it-called thing and just like that, the door went open.

The man ushers me to walk in and I just stand there not moving. He sighs and then grabs my arm not so subtly and then shoves me inside the room. When I tried to turn back around he had already shut the door closed.

A lump forms in my throat, a single tear had finally slid down my cheeks. I studied the room, it was just about the right size. There's a single-bed on the corner and a chair beside the door. And then nothing more. It's too cold in here.

I walk up to the bed and almost winced when my bare hands touched the cold metal. I want to scream and shout and ask for my parents but I know that that wouldn't do anything. My parents are probably driving back in our house by now. All I needed is to know why. Why I was locked up in here.

I remember the looks that my mom and dad had given me. They were so disappointed and watching them like that is so heartbreaking. And what adds up to the confusion and hurt is that I must have done something so horrible that they decided I belong in here.

What have I done?

✂------------------------------------------

Timeline

Start Date : 22 March 2016

End Date: 01 April 2017

Editing:

Start Date : July 1, 2018

✂------------------------------------------

Copyright ©

Text Copyright © liarsdiaries ™2016

The moral right of the author has been asserted. All rights reserved. This story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or re-transmitted in whole or in part, in any matter, without the written consent of the copyright holder, and any infringement of this is a violation of copyright law.

All rights reserved ® Nicole Chen Robles ™