Dont Mess Up

Callie POV-

"Ey Cals." Morgan said as I walked through the door. She was in the kitchen cooking.

 She was in the kitchen cooking

"Hey." I said dryly.

"What's wrong?" She put something in the skillet.

I sat at the counter on a stool and put my chin on my fist laying my head down.

"I'm doomed."

"Doomed?" She laughed.

"Yes doomed. So today wasn't one of my best days. Miri of course makes it worse being ignorant. I go outside just to be by myself. And this beautiful man walks up." I smiled dreamily thinking about today.

"He must be fine the way you smiling." She smiled.

"Morgan he was. He was so beautiful but what made him beautiful was his soul." I touched my heart.

"You don't even know his soul, you just met him."

"I do. Listen to what he told me. He said do you smell that."

"Here comes the corny line." She rolled her eyes and went back to cooking.

"No, no. It wasnt corny. I said what was that. And he said oxygen. Meaning life. And as along as you have that, you don't have a reason to worry. Aww Morgan I thought God answered my prayer."

"He sounds like a cornball. Miri got better lines."

I stale faced her. She chuckled.

"Cals you too gullible man. Niggas will say anything. I swear."

"He was sincere Morgan. I could feel it. He even picked this flower off the tree and handed to me." I proudly showed her my flower that had some petals missing from being in my book bag all day.

"So if he's so perfect why are you doomed?"

"We get to our first class and he's my professor." I plopped my head onto the counter whining. "Why?"

"He sounds like a creep to me. Like one of the dudes you hear about on the crime shows. All nice at first then chop you up later. You be careful. Shouldn't no professor be communicating with students like that."

"No he was professional in class."

"Cal." She looked at me. "I know niggas. All types. Whether they in a suit or a jeans they all after the same thing. Keep your distance." She warned.

"Okay. Can you put some pants on before Miri comes?"

"Why? I wanna tease him." She clapped her butt.

"Eww." I covered my eyes.

She laughed. "Watch the food."

She went in the room to change clothes.