Trunk Party 3

Miri POV-

Me and Na heard someone arguing. It was just a single voice, so I assumed they were on a phone.

"Let's peep through the gate." I whispered to Na.

We crawled on the grass to the gate and peeped through a tiny whole.

"I can't see." Na said loud.

I covered her mouth.

It suddenly went silent. Me and Na looked at each other. Whoever it was must have heard us listening in. We were as still as possible.

"Yeah I'm here. I thought I heard something." The female voice said.

She went back to arguing. There were a lot of fuck niggas being said. A lot of you ain't shits.

"Oooo she say bad words." Na said out loud.

I sighed and covered her mouth.

Someone coughed.

We looked up and Morgan was staring at us.

"Sorry we was just playing hide and go seek." I gave an awkward laugh, standing up and dusting myself off.

She rolled her eyes and left away from the gate.

God she probably think I'm lame ass hell. Hide and go seek? Miri where is your game? 🙄

I grabbed Na by the hand and went inside. Partially embarrassed and partially disappointed I missed my perfect opportunity.

"Boy we been waiting on you. I was about to take my present back to the dollar tree." My Uncle Trav said chewing on a rib tip.

"Oh yeah Unc, I forgot that's all you can afford." I patted him on the back and went in the living room where everybody was.

"You have no manners. We are here for you and Callie and you run off.
That's why people don't like doing things for your immature behind." Sata snapped and moved to go sit by O.

"Ma get your daughter for I pull out the little edges she got left." I said sitting next to my mom.

"Y'all stop." My mother warned us.

"Na come here princess." Aug told her.

She came to Aug and sat on his lap. He gave her a million kisses.

"Cuz I ain't know you had a baby. You might want to get a paternity cause you like white chocolate and she like the dark kind with the almonds in it. Somebody ain't the pappy." Cousin Bobby Ray said smacking on some food.

"I don't need no paternity. The love I have for her is enough." Auggie continued playfully tickling and kissing Na.

"Now wait just a minute. Who baby is that? I know my grandson did not have a baby and not tell me." My grandma, my moms ma stood up.

" My grandma, my moms ma stood up