Submitting My Resume

Miri POV-

My pop knocked on my door, then opened it.

I was laid on my bed, just scrolling through my phone.

"You ain't want to go back over Sata house with Callie, Aug and nem?"

"Nah."

"What's wrong you been quiet all night?" He leaned against the door.

"Nothing. Just tired."

"I want you to know I'm proud of you. I had my doubts But you making me proud boy. You the last one out the house. Thought I was gonna have to buy a trailer for you in the backyard."

"Thanks Pop." I laughed.

"And forgive your mother. This is an emotional time for her. She love y'all something serious."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head thinking about the embarrassment my mother caused when she broke down in front of everybody. "Women and they emotions. I can't deal."

"Cut her some slack. You her baby boy."

"Her strong man." Me and pop said together. That's what my mother called me since I was little.

"There was a time we didn't think you was going to make it so give your mama that moment."

"I guess." I think I was the only person in this house that wasn't emotional. I didn't cry. I didn't get angry at the drop
Of a hat. Just chill. It is what it is.

"You sure you okay?"

"Yeah Pop. Why you keep asking?" He was getting on my nerves now.

"Just making sure. You about to leave next week and I thought you'd spend the rest of your time here with all the girls you brag about you got in Atlanta."

"Correction, more than just Atlanta. The entire state of Georgia. And nah I'm done with them. Ready for the DC thots."

"Don't bring no babies in here." He warned me.

"I ain't pop. Jeez."

"I'm just saying you a young man. And young men are going to do what young men do i understand that. I was young once and I had my share of you know."

"You was getting it in back in the day Pop?" I chuckled.

"I ain't gon get into all that. But know I handled my biz-nye-ee. You understand me?"

I cracked up at him trying to be cool.

"But I want the degrees, then a wedding. Then a baby."

"You ain't got to worried about babies or weddings. Imma be a forever bachelor. Can't be tied down."

"Is that right?"

"Yup."

"We'll see. Just don't bring no babies in here like I said."

"I'm not Pop. Promise."

"Aight well let me go comfort your crying Ma."

"I bet not hear no sounds coming from your room either. Catching y'all once was enough."

"That was all ya mama. Not me."