Give my kids back

AMB POV -

"Baby I was thinking about what you said last night." I put my head on Aug's pillow and kissed his cheek. He had just woke up.

"About what?" He stretched.

"Letting the boys go. I think a vacation would be good." I cuddled up in the crease of his neck.

"Where you want to go?" He pecked my lips and put his forehead against mine.

"I was thinking about just me babe."

"Without your husband? The man who been by your side in marriage almost 24 Years."

"Really?" I chuckled.

"I'm not playing. My heart hurt that you want to go without me."

"Babe don't be like that. Tanya had already asked me if I wanted to go on a cruise with her. But I told her no, because I wanted to make sure we got Miri settled in school and he was doing okay. Then I wanted to make sure Auggie was back on track. But I think this could be my first step in letting go. Like right after we get Auggie and Miri moved in, I go. That way I'm not checking on them 5 thousand times a day."

"What does that have to do with your husband? I said you need to let them go. Not me. I still need tending to." He brought my body closer to his.

"Aug stop." I chuckled at how spoiled he was being. In our almost 24 years of marriage, he hasn't changed that aspect of his personality a bit.

"I'm serious babe." He pecked my lips. "What type of cruise is it?"

"The Tom Joyner Cruise."

"Oh the 60 and over cruise?"

I stale faced him.

"Where the lie at tho? Tanya in her 60s and you pushing it." He chuckled.

I just stared at his ass. 😒

"Aww I'm sowwy baby. You know I love my senior citizens." He wrapped his arms around me and started kissing all over me.

"Get off me."

"No." He continued to do it. "You young in spirit and that's what I like."

I hit him with a pillow. He fell back laughing.

"It's not funny."

"It is. You just being sensitive. You know I'm playing with you."

"Well you find a younger woman since that's what you want." I got up to get out the bed.

"Uh-huh. I like my old lady." He pulled me back to him.

AUGGIE POV -

"Are you jealous?" Miri asked me as he went in the fridge to get the orange juice out.

"Of what nigga?"

"Cause I'm bout to be pulling hoes your age."

I laughed. He was delusional.

"You don't believe I could pull a girl your age?"

"Yeah it's plenty of desperate hoes out there that will let a lame hit. You qualify as one of their candidates." 

"For your information I don't fuck with desperate hoes. I fuck with classy women. And the moment I touch down in D.C.. I'm snagging me some vintage vagina,  on site. Ain't nothing these young hoes can do for me." He got a cup and poured him a glass.

"Yeah okay." I went back to cooking breakfast.

"I guess you mad cause you ain't never pulled an older chick."

"Trust me, I have. They not my thing.  I prefer people my age."

"That's what they all say." He rolled his eyes.

"You have so much to learn. So much to learn." I sighed at his immaturity.

"Why you cooking breakfast anyway?"

"Because I want to." I cracked the eggs.

"I want my eggs over easy and they bet not be cold." He put the juice back and walked upstairs.

AMB POV -

"How long is this cruise?"

"Two weeks."

"Oh no. Out of the question." Aug shook his head profusely.

"August." I kissed my teeth.

"August." He mocked me.

"What's the longest we been apart?"

"Three days."

"And we promised we'd never be apart more than three days. Especially after what happened to you. You know that."

"Aug maybe you're the one that needs to let go."

"No I'm fine." He got his phone off the night stand.

"I'm going on that cruise." I got up and got my robe.

"Okay and I guess I'll be the only young person on it."

"It's a girls trip Aug."

"Plus a husband." He retorted.

"Whatever." I walked out the room.

"Don't whatever me woman." Aug said jokingly.

I walked down stairs to see Auggie cooking.

"Good morning Ma." He smiled. "Cooking you breakfast."

"Aww baby you didn't have to do that."

"I did. And I got you these flowers." He handed me some flowers off the counter. "Just want to make sure we good."

"Yeah baby we are." I hugged him tight and kissed his cheek. "I love you sweetie and thank you."

"Love you too."

The front door  opened. That was Sata. She usually stopped by for breakfast before work.

"Now Ma why would you let him in the kitchen. I need a real meal before work."

"Leave my baby alone.  He can cook. I taught him and Miri well. My boys weren't going to go around not knowing how. " I hugged her.

"Tell her ma." Auggie said.

Sata rolled her eyes and pushed his head.

"Ma what all do Miri and Callie need for school. I'm trying to get some things to help out you and Auntie Stac."

"I don't know ask Miri. Miri!" I screamed.

"Auggie did it." Miri came into the kitchen.

"Boy tell Sata what you need. She's trying to get you and Callie some things before y'all head off."

"Oh the main thing is a mini-segway. You know traveling back and forth to class." He took a sip of orange juice.

"Can you be serious for once?" I looked at him.

"I am being serious. They said it. It was in a letter they sent."

"Miri stop playing for you won't have anything to go to school with." I said getting annoyed with him.

"Chill Ma. I'll make a list."

"And put real stuff down fool. Cause if it's not real things, I'm not getting you anything." Sata snapped.

"Who you yelling at? Take it down a notch to a woman's tone. Which is silence. As a woman should be."

"Ma please let me strangle his ass." Sata looked at me.

"Touch me and I'll pull that ten dollar quick weave out yo head."

"This not a quick a weave. And how do you even know that much about weave. Something you want to tell us?"

"No but I know you got all these beady beads back." He pulled the small hairs in the back of her head.

She chased after him.

Is it too late to give my kids back?