Back To Business

I know you guys have all these questions about things that happened and why certain things weren't told to the children.

But remember we have a whole book to answer them so chill. Let the story progress and see what gets answered.

Auggie -

"Which house she live in?"

"I don't know. I just know it's brown."

I stared at Miri through the mirror with the stalest face I could.

"Dumb ass every house on this block brown!"

"Drive down the block nigga. I know it when I see it."

"Call her and ask her."

"Nah I like to just roll up on my chicks. Give them the unexpected."

I rolled my eyes and drove down further.

"Its that one." He pointed to a house with a white fence and white donkey flower holders on the stairs.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah nigga." He said annoyed at me.

I pulled up in front of the house.

I waited for him to get out.

"Ain't you gon get out?"

"Nah I texted her. My chicks come to me. I don't get out to go to them."

Was this fool serious? Nah the real reason was she probably had a dad he was afraid of.

A couple of minutes later a young girl around 17 came out the door.

He rubbed his hands like bird man and got out the car. She walked toward him.

"Hold the door for you like a real man supposed ta'. " He licked his lips.

"Thank you." She smiled blushingly and got in. His eyes on her ass the whole time.

He got in and closed the door.

"Put your seat belt on baybeh it's my job to get you to and fro safely." He helped her.

"Aww you're so sweet Amiri." She giggled. "And I always love when you call me baybeh in your Nola accent."

"Yeah I guess when we moved up here it never left. Once Nola always Nola ya heard me?" He said trying to mimic my uncle Smoke who probably had the strongest accent out of everybody.

If I was like this when I was his age please shoot me. I started the car and drove off.

"Our chauffeur is my brother. He does Uber for a living. He said with a pretty lady like you on my arm, he had to give us a discount. Ain't that right Auggie?" He looked at me.

I looked at his lying ass.

"Thank you." She said. She seemed too sweet to be with this fool.

"You welcome sweetheart." I said and kept driving.

"Auggie turn on some music, serenade the lady."

"When you get a car then you can serenade whoever you want. Fuck outta here."

She laughed.

"Oh so that's funny to you?" He eyed her.

"Miri stop being sensitive it was a joke."

"Nah it's fine that you find it funny that somebody insults your man." He stared out the window.

She kissed her teeth. "Miri."