Mama Please

AMIRI POV -

"Look at all this black love going on right here. So beautiful."

I looked at my parents who were cuddled up on the couch watching television.

"Brought the beautiful couple a little snack. Them chocolate chip cookies you like from Marino's Pop. Ma you ain't to go out and buy him some because I already did." I shook the new pack of chocolate chip cookies I got from the grocery store on the corner.

"Oh did you now?" My mother who was laid against my father looked at him.

"How long before he ask for something?" My dad asked my mother.

"Ask for something? Does this look like the face of someone who would bribe his parents with chocolate chip cookies and ask for something? I am appalled and inebriated you would ask such a question."

"Inebriated Miri? That means drunk." My father looked at me not amused.

"Psh. I knew that. You talking to the valedictorian."

"Miri what do you want me and your father are trying to watch our movie?" She kissed his lips.

"Excuse me while I throw up." I pretended to throw up. "Not let me join y'all. Spend some time with my beautiful parents." I pushed them away from each other, sat between them. "Got us some cookies." I handed my pops one.

"Boy move."

"Dang Pop why you so mean? I'm trying to spend some time with my parents. Do you know parents would die for this?"

"Miri tell us what you want so you can go?" My mother said.

"I need some money to take Ciara on a date. Cookie?" I took a bite and handed it to my mother.

"You not going on no date." She pulled me up off the couch and laid back down next to my father.

"Pop please tell her she doing too much? It's my last summer here. I'm trying to see all my honeys before I go. I know you know what I mean cause from the stories you told me you was a playa back in the day. I got it from you" I held my hand out to dap him.

"Oh so you was a playa?" My mother looked at him with suspicion.

"The only woman I ever laid eyes on was yo mama. I wasn't a playa in anyway shape or form." He said looking at my mother, clearing his throat.

She turned her head toward the tv. He gave me a wink. I smiled. My mother turned her head quick.

"Amb let him go. My boy is going off to college. He deserves to hang out with his friends before he leaves."

"I don't mind him hanging out with friends. But these little fast tail girls, no."

"Man Ma. Why?"

"Because I said so. You need to be getting your stuff packed for school. You leave soon."

"Pop come on man. They calling me, I can't keep making up excuses to em' man. You know how that go."

"Oh bruh I know. My other woman stay hitting my line." He chuckled a little.
My mother gave him an evil stare.

"It's a joke baby. Jokes." He held up his hands in surrender.

"You can joke in the basement by yourself, keep playing with me." She threatened.

"Miri gone. You getting me in trouble." He shooed me away.

"Pop all we doing is going to the movies. That's it."

"Amb baby it's just to see a movie. Let em go."

"Come on Ma. You know I wouldn't lie to you about where I'm going and what I'm doing. I'm not that other son you got."

"Come on babe. Let em' go. Then we get the house to ourselves." My dad started kissing all over my mother's neck.

"Oooooo Aug stop." She giggled like a schoolgirl and playfully hit his thigh.

"Yes Aug stop." I said in disgust.

They looked at me.

"I'm just saying two old people doing the nasty is not a sight I want to see."

"Ain't nothing bout me old, tell em' baby." My Pop said.

"Pop really?"

"He ain't lying tho Miri." My mother bit her lip a little.

I let out a scream from what I was hearing.

"Ok we're done. Sorry." My mother said.

"So can I go or not?"

"Under one condition...Auggie!" My mother yelled.

"What you yelling for?" Auggie came in the living.

"I need you to chaperone Miri on his outing. Make sure ain't no funny business going on and this fast tail girls keep they hands off and legs closed around my baby."

"What? I don't need him." Oh hell nah. I was thinking. Every girl I bring around forgets I'm there and is all cheesy every time he's around. He not still this one from me. No way.

"And I don't feel like babysitting you."

"That's the only way you going Miri." My mother said.

"Pop." Me and Auggie said in unison.

"You heard your mother." He was such a sucker for my mother. Weak! Weaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Well I guess you ain't going." Auggie was about to leave.

"Yes he is because you're going to take him." My mother said. "Be back in this house by 11. Baby give him the money." My mother told my dad.

My father got money out his pocket and handed it to me.

"$20 dollars? The movie alone cost 10 dollars a piece. I got to finesse her with popcorn and a drink at least."

He gave me $50. "Bring back my change."

"I swear y'all are intent on running my summer." Auggie walked out angry shaking his head.